Monday, April 12, 2010

10 Months Old


First of all, my apologies. Addison is now almost 11 months old so I'm a bit behind in my posting. But if it helps, this picture was taken when she was closer to 10 months! :D

I guess the delayed posting sort of describes what we've been doing around here lately. Chasing her everywhere! Addison has officially become a LOT more mobile! She loves it and we love it (most of the time) but it does make for extra work for us since we must constantly see what she's getting into. She's hardly held still since she mastered crawling.

The evolution of her crawling began with sort of an "army crawl" with a strained reach to get whatever she wanted. Then she progressed to her 3 legged crawl (my favorite). It was adorable. She'd start moving like she knew how to crawl, her arm, her arm, and her leg etc but when it came to the fourth leg she just hopped and drug it behind her. It was like she had a little gimpy leg. That crawl didn't last long before she mastered the full-blown traditional crawl. I guess she soon realized that one got her to her destination MUCH faster.

Of course, along with learning the world of mobility, comes the realization that your actual TOYS are way too boring. All of the sudden, everything that ISN'T a toy is much more exciting. The TV, the VCR, outlets, and the coffee table. She can be surrounded amongst all her toys and within seconds she's on the move looking for her next source of destruction.


Which leads me to her next milestone. She now has 5 teeth (3 on top and 2 on bottom) and will likely be working on a 6th one soon. This fact was made evident to me as I discovered her beaver chewing marks on our coffee table just a few days ago. Her favorite place to stand (yes she's pulling up on furniture now too!) is right at the corner of our coffee table. Once she gets there, she rests her right arm on the corner, stands with her left arm free, and just relaxes and watches her cartoon. It too is adorable to watch her just standing around and relaxing. She has even been daring a couple of times and teetered between furniture and of course let go of it all together for a split second before falling to the floor. I believe at this rate, she will be walking very soon!

She has officially moved on to Stage 3 baby food. This one actually has chunks for her to chew up but of course I suspect she's still swallowing a lot of it whole. With each meal, I've also made it a point to give her some real fruit or veggies so we can transition to table food easier. She always prefers our food over hers - she's a smart cookie - but I've been reluctant in giving it to her simply because ours is less healthy than hers.

She has also become quite the chatterbox lately. She hasn't mastered any actual words but definitely has her own vocabulary that only she understands. She still says "mamamama" and "dadada" a lot but I doubt she knows that those are our names. One of my favorite things to do is sit and watch her as she's playing and jabbering away with her toys. I can almost see her imagination going crazy and I love it.


Overall, she's SUCH a good baby and we are definitely spoiled. She only really gets fussy if she needs something or if her teeth are hurting her. She's had a hard time with sleeping lately but not too much. Just a cry or two every few nights but we definitely attribute it to her poor little mouth growing all those painful teeth.

One of my favorite things about her is that she is easily distracted. If she gets sad about something, you can usually give her a toy, take her for a walk, or talk to her about something and instantly she's over whatever was originally making her sad. This works wonders when she gets handed off to grandmas and grandpas, aunts, uncles, etc. She's been great about going to other people again, she does better at it when she can see us and notice that we aren't making a fuss about it.


I think that about sums up our adorable little 10 month old. I can't believe I'm already making rough plans for her 1st birthday! I absolutely LOVE getting to see her personality more and more each month. And still, most days, I sit in amazement that she is mine. I'm one lucky mama!

1 comments:

Colton Anne said...

Kayley made and left teeth marks in her crib when she was about Addison's age. Although when she woke up from her nap I swore her teeth were making her bleed b/c of the cherry finish on our crib made her mouth look red.