Saturday, April 3, 2010

Old As Dirt

Assuming that dirt is 32 years old ;-). (And no offense intended to anyone older than 32 ;-).

So, this last March 25th, I celebrated a wonderful birthday and was spoiled rotten. So much so, that I almost forgot just how old I was getting.

John and Addison had a wonderful day planned for me and I loved every minute of it. It started off by me being serenaded w/my Happy birthday song at 6:30 am (Yep, that's our wake-up time thanks to Addibell). I was even lucky enough to get a teaser and open one of my presents early. Lucky me got my favorite movie of all time: "Four Feathers". I have been looking for a copy of this FOREVER since I lost my original one years ago. Literally...EVERY time I went to Walmart I would double check to see if they had it and always come away empty handed. Well, John must have heard my numerous complaints about not ever finding a copy and had better luck than I.

I highly recommend this movie for all who haven't seen it.

Afterward, John went off to work and Addison and I got to play and nap until it was time to meet up again with him for our lunch date. I picked Applebee's of course and the food was delicious. The downpour of rain on our outing....was not. But not even rain could deter the fun.

Addison and I had a nice relaxing afternoon. Then when John came home from work, we got to pig out on all my favorite foods: Johnny Bruscoe's pizza, Pop, and a bucket of corn (movie theater specialty) to go. Got showered with gifts when I got home. John did great all on his very own in this department - especially since I gave him no intel beforehand. He got Addison and I got some nice beach towels to take to the pool since we plan on living there this summer. A very nice pair of workout clothes (which is a treat for me since I can never bring myself to pay good money for these). And some recipe/journaling books for our accumulation of our favorite recipes. I loved it all - especially the adorable monkey cake!

Not only great to look upon but great tasting as well. Once we ate our cake and put Addison to bed, we got to curl up and watch Four Feathers while munching on our delicious corn. It was a great day even though it ended in a belly ache from all the junk we managed to eat.

Thanks John & Addison for the wonderful day of birthday treats! I am so glad I was born! :D

1 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy late birthday :)
Good workout clothes is an AWESOME present! I'm still wearing my senior t-shirt haha.
Glad you had a great day!