Saturday, April 3, 2010

Short Stack

This is one of our new nicknames for Addison. Of course, we really only refer to her as "short stack" on the days that John makes pancakes for us. I'm notorious for screwing up pancakes, too raw, or overdone, sticky, blobs....that is usually how my pancakes turn out. Embarrassing to admit because I do realize pancakes (from a box mix that only requires water to be mixed in it) SHOULD be an easy thing to make right? Well wrong....at least in my case. However, John is the chef extraordinaire when it comes to pancakes. Not only do they taste delicious but they are cooked perfectly golden (just like you'd find at a restaurant) and are all the same size. I'm still in awe of how he does this.

But however, he does it, I just consider myself lucky enough to partake of his efforts. Usually I'm the one that does most of the cooking, however, when John does cook he makes delicious food and takes great pride in the presentation especially. Which is where this post leads us. To this adorable picture...

Addison sized pancakes!


Presenting them to the Addibell for approval...


Inspection and taste testing take place....


And success! The Addibell approves!
Two thumbs up Daddy!

2 comments:

Josie said...

yes yes they are delicious. I'm not even really a pancake fan...but guru John sure makes 'em good!

She Loves To Make said...

Those are so cute! How does he make them all the same size?! I've never been able to do that.