Monday, October 24, 2011

Familiar Face

Let me start by saying this is not something I'm particularly proud of...but John thought it was funny enough to be documented for posterity. So here goes...

For those devoted readers of my blog (please tell me I actually have some?) you probably already know I'm a huge fan of Chick-fil-a. Great customer service, hot food, friendly staff, yadda yadda yadda. Well on top of all that I'm also a big fan of their delicious chicken tenders (thanks Jared ;-).

Anyway, even though I'm not pregnant anymore, I've still had my fair share of cravings for those dang tenders. It seems to be a tradition to stop and eat some on our errand day when we actually leave the house. It's pretty sad (and cute) when all we have to do is pull into the parking lot and I hear Addison say "Mommy.....eat!" Yep, she's quite familiar with our tradition by now. But she's not the only one. Apparently certain Chick-fil-a employees are as well.... Here was last week's dialogue with the order taker lady (and no I don't know HER name :P).

Order Taker Lady: "Can I help you?"
Me: "Yeah, we'll have the yadda yadda yadda" (Heck at this point I could probably get away with saying "the usual!")
OTL: "And what is the name on the order?"
Me: "Shannon"
OTL: "Ahhhh yeah that's right. I should have remembered that by now since you come in here so often."
Me: "Hehehe..uh thanks?"
OTL: "And how old is the little guy now? (As she peers at Jonas in his carseat)
Me: "Almost two months old"
OTL: "Wow! He's growing so fast! It seems like just yesterday you were pregnant with him!"
Me: "Back off woman! Mind your own business!" - Okay maybe those weren't my "exact" words but I was definitely thinking it since apparently I'm frequenting their restaurant a little too much.

Nice encounter eh? I'm sure she means well but it's not a flattering thing when I go often enough to be remembered so well. One would thing that would have kept me away from the restaurant for at least a week but nope gotta have those tenders!! We actually went back just today - to the same lady - who once again mentioned that "next time she'll remember my name." See? Uh...maze...ing customer service. I should be proud that I'm so recognizable right? ;-)

3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

hahaha love it. I wouldn't be hooked on that place if it weren't for you. I cringe at the thought of going into mcdonalds :)

Natalie said...

Haha they should probably start giving you discounts, like a punch card or something

Meg + Taylor said...

That's what happens when you live in a small town--you can't get away with anything! :) Too funny Shannon. Miss you and Addison already. Sad I didn't get to meet the little guy :( And I can't believe I didn't realize you had a blog until now. I'm a bad friend.