Thursday, October 20, 2011

She Loves Him


Ever since the first day she laid eyes on him, Addison has been in l.o.v.e. with her brother. It's been so nice not having to worry about jealousy issues or her hurting him. So far she hasn't had an ounce of jealousy or anger toward him. We actually have to make sure she doesn't kiss him to death - which is a nice problem to have. The only time she's even come close to hurting him was when she was poking at his eye. Of course it was more of a curiosity thing than animosity.

Each day I love watching the two of them as their relationship grows. She loves to sit and talk to him while he's in his swing. She loves to help give him his binky. And she loves to cheer him up if he's sad. She also loves to repeat everything Mommy says when I do baby talk with him. She's even lately started saying "Ohhhhh baby brudder...he's a saweetie pie" or "Ahhh....Mommy he's so tute (cute)". I have no idea where she learned those words but it's hilarious to hear her say them. I love to look in their eyes and see the adoration they have toward each other. I can't wait to see it develop even more over the years. I'm thinking they will be the best of buds.

Lately I've been giving her the task of "babysitting" while I cook dinner. Granted I only leave them for a few minutes at a time but I always make a big "to-do" of it and Addison feels so special being left in charge. Even at two years old she fulfills the responsible role of caretaker. I sneak in every once in a while to check on them just to see her putting a blanket on him or giving him a binky or chatting his ear off or giving him kisses. She will be a great babysitter when she gets older - I can hardly wait!


Here's the action shot...

Posing...


Rubbing noses...


And going in for the kiss!

2 comments:

Josie said...

this is so tute!

Natalie said...

Too cute! Wish you lived closer so I could squish both their cheeks!