Wednesday, October 5, 2011

One Month Old


Four days ago, Jonas hit the One month birthday mark. So, in an effort to keep up on the milestones and baby book photos - we are documenting this momentous occasion!

First of all, I must say Jonas is quite the handsome little guy. Is it bad that at one-month old I already look and him and think...."Man the girls are gonna go crazy over you!" Not that I'm wanting them to anytime soon - just sayin' the boy is very handsome. Of course I may be biased but you have to admit...it's true. Just look at these pics from our mini photo shoot:



We've already had Jonas in our family for one month and it seems like it's been longer. For one, the first month seemed a bit rough for me. Not because of Jonas but because of all the newness and adjusting that comes with a newborn. It's been two years since I've experienced all of this ya know.

I had some nursing issues. Too much milk. Clogged duct. Mastitis. Not to mention that we had a few appointments for bilirubin checks with the little guy. And big sister also caught Bronchiolitis in the midst of all the craziness. It seems like we spent the majority of his first month in hospital visits....for all three of us combined. Plus hormones and all the anxiety that comes with it for the Momma.


But even despite all that, Jonas has been such a joy to have in our family. He's a fairly good baby so far from what I can tell. Now that we've somewhat mastered nursing - he eats pretty well. He sleeps great. I only have to wake up once at night to feed him so that is great! We have managed to get a few smiles out of him whether it was gas or not. And let me just say - his smile will melt your heart! He has such pretty eyes and the smile just charms you right out of your seat. I can't wait until he gets more smiley as he gets older. He loves his sister and doesn't mind all of her kisses one bit. Sometimes it seems he has some trouble with letting me put him down but we are working through that. It could be more gas/bubble issues than anything. The poor guy has had a long road to travel with my overabundance of milk. Even with our adjustments to nursing it still seems to come so fast it gives him lots of bubbles. He gets so hungry that it seems like he is torn over eating through the painful bubbles or stopping eating long enough to get a burp out. Mommy used to be the champ at getting burps out but now it seems like Daddy has traded places and he is now the master.

I like to call Jonas my little monkey baby. Not only because he has such cute monkey outfits but because he has cute little dark peach fuzz hair all over....his back, his arms, his ears. Just like a little monkeyy! Plus when you hold him against you he clings to you like a little monkey would. I always wanted a little monkey when I was growing up. Now all these years later I finally got one! Except he's MUCH cuter than the real thing. :D

Jonas is a pretty easy baby so far and it seems like a lot of people have commented on his laid back personality so hopefully this means he will be just as easy as his big sister was! Can't wait to get to know him more and more as he grows. Hard to imagine he could get any cuter than this though!


After awhile all the photos start looking the same. There is only so much posing you can do with a one-month old until you get this:



See what I mean? He's cute even when he's crying! Happy one-month old Jonas McKay!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh I cannot wait to see this little guy. ADORABLE!