Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lovely Family

I'd just like to say I am loved. And it feels very nice like.

I have the best family ever. Yes, that includes my "in-laws", those of my own side, and of course my little family of four. For those who read my recent blog posts you may know that things were a bit crazy as I adjusted to life with a newborn and two-year old. It was a rough time for me. Not ALL so, but it definitely had it's moments. It seems silly to say since it's all my own doing and my anxiety made it so.

Honestly, Jonas has been a great baby - extremely laid back just like his sister (yes we are very lucky we got this twice in a row). Addison has been a great helper even though Mommy wasn't very deserving of it at times (okay....most of the time). John has been patient with me as I traveled on the hormonal roller coaster that comes with having a baby. And frankly extended family has stepped up to the plate and gone above and beyond. Just a few things I've been blessed with:

-Dinners. Yum and so nice to have. From family and friends and every one was appreciated.
-Play Dates. Taking Addison for a little break for the both of us. She loved the extra attention and fun.
-A return trip. My mother sensed the need and came back for yet another short stay to help out. Yes, this was in addition to her original stay when Jonas arrived. She makes a great assistant. I've tried to hire her to no avail.
-Phone calls. Sister-in-laws that listen to my tears. Answering nursing questions and trying to help ease the frustrations. And of course, a sister that offered come down and help but didn't want to share her sickies with me so she just listened to me on the phone - multiple times.
-Help. A sister that felt bad she couldn't make the long drive to help me so instead offered to help with planning the luncheon for Jonas' blessing day. As in she did ALL of it. Along with my sister and sister-in-law and Mom that helped as well. So glad I didn't have to worry about that.


This may be a random post - and a bit late since Jonas is already almost two months old. But I was just reflecting today on how blessed I am. I love being loved. I know most times in the midst of the chaos I feel alone but I'm quickly learning I'm really not. And it's nice to know. Thanks for all the family (and friends) that helped during my transition to a family of four. I think I am finally finding my groove. Finally. All this help and love has made me want to be more perceptive for others when they go through difficult times. Time to share the wealth...and love.

0 comments: