Saturday, April 28, 2012

AIM To Please

Last weekend, we were lucky enough to get invited to walk in the AIM Walk (Autism Involves Me) and walk on behalf of our cute cousin/nephew David.  John was still studying during this time, so Addison and Jonas and I were excited to take part in all the festivities.  And they had LOTS of festivities.  


We got there a little early and scored a balloon creation for Addison before the lines overtook the clowns. She was thrilled.  We wandered around a bit before we met up with Grandma, and David, and Josie, and Bart and a few other friends.  We all gathered around and listened to the announcers talk about Autism, some statistics, and just how wonderful these kiddos are.  Then we began the walk.  It was a Family 1 Mile, Fun Walk.  Which worked out perfectly for Addison's little legs.  She was thrilled to walk along side Aunt Josie and Grandma.  Jonas and I hung out together.  And I won "Mommy of the Year" award as well since I completely forgot to actually put sunscreen on my little guy.  He turned a little red but it wasn't too bad.  I really didn't even think we had entered that season quite yet.  Oh well, I hope he forgave me.  He never complained about it once....he's a pretty chill little dude.


After the walk was over, we played a few games, won a few prizes, jumped in a few bounce houses (okay, "we" means Addison and David).  But we did end the festivities with a family lunch at The Station cafe and dined on some delicious burgers and fries.


Such a fun time to support such a great cause.


Getting ready to get our walk on.
Addison and Grandma burning up the road.
Addison shooting some hoops to win a sticker.
And Jonas (pre-sunburn).  I told you he is a pretty chill dude!

0 comments: