Sunday, April 8, 2012

Eggs Easter!!

We had a great Easter Sunday in the Hufford household. Well most of us did as Daddy is still trying to recover from a nasty bug he's had for the last week or so. Even in his sickly state he joined us for the festivities.

The true celebration began yesterday when we dyed our eggs. For the past week, I had the egg coloring/dye box sitting on the kitchen counter. When Addison saw it I explained to her in X number of days we'd get to color the easter eggs. She was rather excited and reminded me often each time she saw the box "Not today, but on Saturday, we do what? Eggs Easter!" How she transposed the words is beyond me but it was so fun to hear her tell me each time.
When Saturday finally rolled around, I decided to teach Addison the true meaning of Easter as she helped me boil the eggs. We learned that Easter is really about Jesus and him dying on the cross and being resurrected after the third day. That those who came to see him in the tomb thought that someone had stolen his body but he was really resurrected and alive again and we can be too now. It was a short and brief moment but I wanted to make sure she knew the real meaning before we jumped right into the holiday festivities. I was very impressed with her ability to recite back to me what we learned about Jesus and the resurrection when I quizzed her within a few minutes after our discussion....and of course throughout the weekend as well.

Posing by our colorful creations.

Addison loved the process of dying. Me, not so much. Not sure why we do it every year when little kids and dye and carpet do not play well. Oh well, we have another year to recover before we do it again.

After our easter dying job, I explained to Addison that the Easter Bunny would only come to our house and leave Easter baskets if it was clean. So we spent the evening picking up and cleaning and getting ready for bed. Might as well use some bribery when it works right?

Sleeping children awaiting the Easter Bunny. Apparently, Addison got a little parched while she read her book. She's hilarious to peek in on when she's asleep.

And little Jonas man. Nothing is cuter than adorable, squeeze, sleepy children. No matter how hard/long the days seem, watching them sleep takes all of it away in just minutes.

Since Addison is now in the phase of waking up super early (as in 6:30 sometimes) we had to do our Easter Basket hunt in shifts. She was rather excited to start and I didn't have the heart to make her wait until Jonas woke up. She's definitely getting into the age where holidays are so exciting. I just enjoying being in the audience watching her during it all.

The loot the Bunny left behind. He knows my children all too well. I'm assuming the Easter Bunny is a "He" right?

And of course, the Easter Bunny gave me what I wanted as well. Two semi-behaved children during church since Daddy stayed home sick. I'm not even sad that it didn't come delivered in a basket. No complaints here!

Showing off our cute Easter outfits before church. Daddy would have been included had he not been in his pajamas. Oh well, we needed a photographer anyway.

After church and naps, we had a mini-Easter egg hunt in the backyard. Addison hunted while Jonas quit after finding two eggs. I guess he'd rather be destructive than wander around looking for eggs. Such a cute boy!

What isn't shown is the cute little girly hunting all over the backyard for Easter eggs that were right under her nose 95% of the time. Now I know she's not just tuning me out when I'm asking her to get something for me here and there. Also, what isn't shown is the delicious Easter dinner we had at 7:00 at night because Mommy didn't get on the ball soon enough. Also what isn't shown is how at the end of the beautiful day, Addison repeated back to me the true story of Easter as she understands it....

"Easter is about Jesus. He died. Then he came back......as an Easter bunny! He resurrected!" Uhhh...yeah, we'll work on the details in time for next year.

Happy Easter!!

2 comments:

The LaBrue Crew said...

Such cute pictures! Shannon you look amazing! I can't believe how much weight you've lost! I'm sooo jealous! I wish I looked like you! You're so gorgeous in all of those pictures! Oh yeah and I miss your kids. Hahaha well you & John too I guess

Natalie said...

What a cute little family. Your kids are so adorable.