Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ro-Re-O

This is Addison's interpretation of "Rodeo".  It's hilarious to watch her try to say it but even more fun to take her to one.  Earlier this week, we were given a flyer to attend a local rodeo.  Of course, I got excited because I love going to any/all rodeos.  It totally takes me back to my childhood and the fond memories that accompany it.  


Addison and I decided to make it a Mommy/Daughter date and head to the rodeo.  She had a hard time waiting for it to start.  She spent half the day asking when the rodeo was.  As we ran each errand, she kept looking for the Rodeo.  I think I should start telling her things a few minutes before they actually happen so she's not distraught and confused all day as we wait for them to happen.


Anyway, we came home from our errands, dressed up in our attire (aka Jeans and tennis shoes ;-) and headed out to the rodeo and left the boys at home.  It was fun getting to spend one-on-one time w/Addison.  The poor girl gets the brunt of my impatience most days so I was glad to just enjoy her and  hang out with no worries or stress or impatience.  


I think this was her first rodeo and frankly she loved it.  It was a packed house but she did good staying by my side or in front of me.  I tried to explain all the things that were going on and what was happening.  She was particularly fond of the mutton busting (since those kids were her age) and also liked watching the bucking broncos.  Just like her mama!  She seemed to be worried about the cowboy hats laying on the area floor after the cowboys got bucked off.  She'd always make sure to tell me when one was out there and when it was picked up.  We also saw one of the bronco riders get bucked off and hurt.  After he walked off we talked about how sometimes they get "owies" but they get better.  Well within a few minutes, during the next event, she spotted another cowboy and excitedly told me "Look Mommy!!!  He got better!"  I just nodded and smiled.  I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a completely different cowboy.


When we weren't watching the animals, I was watching her bust a move to the music.  I love how she has no fear about shaking her booty regardless of who is watching.  She also enjoyed watching the rodeo clown bust a move as well.  By the end of the night she had worked up quite a sweat but was loving every minute of it.  I had to convince her that the horses were going to bed so we needed to go home and go to bed to.  Luckily she believed me as we walked to our van and I pointed out the horses tied to the trailers that were snoozing.  :D

Starting off the night with a horsey ride of her own.  She picked the pink one of course!
Getting ready for the fun to start.
Shaking her tail feather.
And ending the night with a funnel cake picnic.  

0 comments: