Saturday, April 28, 2012

Random-ness

So, there comes a time in anyone's blog that you realize you have multiple events with very little description needed.   Instead of doing a billion posts, you create a post like this and dump it all in!  So, enjoy the randomness that has been our lives over the past couple of weeks!
Meet Specks
And meet Cajun
These are the latest two additions to the Allred family.  Aunt Sarah was kind enough to introduce us to them last Sunday.  Addison loved it of course and I love that she gets to grow up near/around horses like I did.  These are the best kind of horses to have - the kind that belong to someone else so you can saddle up for fun but leave when it comes time to scoop the poop!  Just kidding Aunt Sarah, we are always willing to scoop poop if you need us to.  Gotta work for our rides right? They are very good and gentle horses and we are excited to get to see them lots.  Thanks for sharing Aunt Sarah!

Addison and her friend "C"

Addison is finally getting to the age where she LOVES to play with friends.  We have quite a few play dates but this was the first time in a long time where her friend was a girl.  And they definitely enjoyed each other.  We walked down the street to pick up our friend and it was adorable to watch Addison and "C" hold hands and skip down the street and giggle and jabber away with each other.  It also bodes well for Mommy as I was actually able to get some stuff done and hang out w/Jonas while the girls played together.  They are almost the exact same age, go to the same nursery class, and are both older siblings that are adjusting to not having the world revolve around them anymore.  Glad to know they have each other during this transition.  And I'm glad to know that play dates are the way to go!  Sign us up for more!

Mommy's little helper.
And this was the scene I came back to after chatting with "C's" Mommy outside.  I was literally gone for maybe 5 minutes at most and Addison decided to finish helping Jonas eat his lunch.  Lovely, carrots anyone?  I'm thinking only two bites actually made it in his mouth.  Good thing they are cute!

And yes, this story has a description.  I came out of the bedroom to find Addison and Jonas hanging out.  Once I saw him like this I busted up laughing.  A few days ago I had told Addison that when I was little I would stick the little banana sticker on my nose while I ate my banana.  So, after I told her that, I stuck it on her nose.  She preferred to have it stuck to my nose.  So, fast forward to a few days later.  I came out of the bedroom, she's sitting by Jonas chomping down on a banana and very matter of factly tells me "I stick it on brudder's nose Mommy."  Hilarious eh?  He's such a kind brother to let her do all sorts of things to him while he sits and takes it.  This is just one of many more to come.

0 comments: