Saturday, April 28, 2012

I Had A Birthday

"I had a birthday shout hooray!  And apparently I didn't put it on the blog until today!" Hmmm....last March 25th I turned.....old.  We'll just leave it at that.  It was a great birthday, so great apparently that I forgot to blog about it.  I was very spoiled by my little family and enjoyed every minute of it.  


For starters, John and I had a scheduled date that Saturday night before my actual birthday.  We have a close group of friends that love to gather together and play Dalmuti every few months.  It's a fun card game that is based off of a Medieval theme and every player has ranks.  Those of lesser ranks serve food to those of higher ranks, the lesser ranks eat the cheap food and the higher ranks eat the good food, etc. etc.  Of course it's also fun once we add the trash talking as well.  Yep, that's how we roll.  


Anyway, we were looking forward to heading over to our friends, The Lowden's house to start our evening.  Occasionally, throughout the day I noticed John discreetly talking on his phone, but I could never decipher what he was saying and thought nothing of it.  However, as it turns out, my lovely friends decided to surprise me for my birthday.  Lovely, April & Tommy had decorated their home with balloons and banners, and lovely Dana and Brad had secretly hid, and brought over the birthday cake for John.  At the end of the Dalmuti game, they serenaded me with a delicious and beautifully decorated cake, and the birthday song.  I'm a pretty lucky lady to have such good friends and such a good husband.  

John went above and beyond and even had the bakery decorate the cake in Dalmuti style.  Notice the actual card replica's on the side of the cake?  Impressive!
And it gets even better!  On my actual birthday I got to teach the RS lesson!  Exciting eh? Actually, it wasn't too painful.  What was exciting was being spoiled by my cute little family after church was over.  Addison, and Jonas, and Daddy gave me such sweet little handmade cards.  Growing up, I always remembered my Mom saying those were the best cards to get, and when I was young I thought she was totally just making that up to make us feel good, as I looked at our mangled, cheesy, cheap, looking cards.  However, now that I'm a Mom, I totally get it.  I L-O-V-E the handmade cards.  And yes, I plan on keeping them forever.  They are a million times better than Hallmark could ever make.  


I got lots of good things for my birthday......for starters....this birthday meal.  Yum!  Cooked to perfection of course.




And I also got a coupon to buy some more running shoes, a few workout clothes (which is good because I never buy those for myself but love having actual nice clothes to workout in) and a water jug, and a spatula (which was part of an inside joke between John and I).  


It was a great relaxing day and was soooo worth turning another year older.

0 comments: