Thursday, February 14, 2013

Bun In The Oven

I can't remember if I officially announced it on our blog already but we are excited to welcome a new little addition to our family this July 8th!  Originally, I was excited to possibly have a baby on July 4th as Addison's birthday is Memorial Day, and Jonas' birthday is Labor Day.....what's one more holiday right?  However, I've known my body long enough to know that there is NO way I'd be going into labor early.  I'm lucky if I actually "go" into labor.  Usually about a week AFTER my due date we have to intervene and evict the little one.  When I ask Addison why she took so long to come out of my belly she now tells me that it was cozy in there and she would read books and watch TV and that is why she didn't want to come out.  Whatever it is, I'm hoping this little girly gets the hint and shows me that my body does actually know what to do all on it's very own.  

We are excited to add to our brood and also excited that it's a little girl.  We didn't have much preference either way.  I was 60/40 in favor of a girl next just because we had a boy last....oh and also because they are fun to dress up in cute little frilly dresses.  Yup, totally superficial but just being honest.  Anyway, it turns out I get my wish and we will be having a girl!  

We found out on the actual Day of Valentine - how fitting eh?  Jonas was able to come along w/Daddy and I for the ultrasound while Addison was in school.  This little girl is definitely a mover.  I think she even did a little dance for us while we were watching and waiting.  All along Addison has been telling us it was a girl and that she wanted to name her "Princess, fairy of the wings."  Needless to say, I was excited to pick her up from pre-school and give her the news.  I asked her what she thought it was and surprise...she said a boy (first time she's ever done that).  Then I told her "Nope, it's a girl!"  "You get a sister!" and when I asked her what she wanted it to be she said a boy.  Silly girl!  However, she quickly came back around and is VERY excited to have a little sister to play with and help take care of.  I blame her lack of participation for the fact that she just came off of a sugar induced Valentine Party at her preschool and we were quickly heading to more Valentine Day fun.  

We are all excited to meet this little girly and also racking our brains for possible girl names.  We have maybe ONE currently and are still working on it.  I guess in the meantime she'll be referred to "Princess, Fairy of the wings".  Can't wait to meet you little girly!



3 comments:

Jean Fields said...

I'm so excited for the two of you and looking forward to welcoming Princess, Fairy of the Wings! That name may just stick! Love you all!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Princess, fairy of the wings hahHaha. I LOVE that. Not even sure why you're thinking of other names!
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see her when she comes!

Natalie said...

I guess the profile pic will have to do since I am not there to do it. We are excited to meet the newest Hufford.