Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Addison Lately

This little girly has kept us pretty entertained as well.  She is growing up sooo much and is such a good helper to Mommy.  Rarely does she tell me "No" when I ask her for favors throughout the day.  I think we've also crossed the brink of fit throwing.  She's really growing up and is looking forward to turning 4 in May.  Here's what she's been up to lately...


Today we showed up for story time at the Library by total accident.  We used to go weekly but it got to be too much for this Mama.  With Addison having meltdowns and Jonas throwing fits.  However, today went really well and I think we are ready to fit this back into our schedule.  This little girly LOVES craft time and I love that she can do it independently (which she prefers as well) and I can spend my time chasing Jonas down.  She's such a big girl lately I can't get over it.

Here she is hanging out at Grandma's & Grandpa's house after dinner.  She requested I take a picture of her block building masterpiece before brother came to knock it down.  She's quite proud as am I.  She loves her some Grandma & Grandpa time.

Lately, she's been obsessed with listening to her little sister in my belly.  Here she is talking to her and hearing what she has to say.  Apparently the baby girl knows how to say "Dada, Mama, Donas, Addie" as well as name all of Addison's closest friends names.  Quite a talented little baby girl we have so far eh?  I'm thinking this girly is very excited to play "mother" to her little sister.  Can't wait until they can meet each other!
Addison brought this home from pre-school and I was blown away with her creative abilities.  I love watching her drawings develop and actually start resembling things.  She is loving preschool and it is helping her come out of her shell SO much as well.  Mommy loves watching her grow and learn and also enjoys spending some one-on-one time with her brother while she's gone.

Addison is obsessed with cooking shows.  It doesn't surprise me much since Daddy & I both enjoy watching them as well.  Something about them is so mesmerizing.  Even little brother is captivated and sits next to me the whole time watching them.  He doesn't even do that for cartoons folks!  We've realized settling back and watching cooking shows every afternoon is a great way to chase the crazies away.  It used to be the longest part of our day but is now a time I look forward to with the kids.  I think it's hilarious that Addison will exclaim "Mommy! Look at dat pink cake!  It's so beautiful!"  It's also hilarious to see her literally jumping up and down when she sees that "Pioneer Woman" is coming up next!  We are big Pioneer Woman, and Paula Dean, and Trisha Yearwood fans.  It's also a great time for me to actually cook our dinner while they are entertained.  One of these days my meals will start to look as good as theirs!  

3 comments:

Jean Fields said...

You say your meals do not look as good as the TV cooking programs..... well, I am here to tell you they taste better!!! You are the hostess with the mostess!!!

Meg + Taylor said...

I hope my kids will watch cooking shows with me when they get to that age! That is the cutest thing :)

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I love Addison!