Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jonas Lately

Here is a little bit of what Jonas has been up to lately.  It's a picture post to catch up on my slackability on the old blog.  We're baaackkk!

This little guy has no qualms about donning tutus.  I love that he is so well-rounded and wants to be like his older sister.  He doesn't look thrilled here but it wasn't because of the tutu.  I was taunting him with my drink so I could get a good picture.  He didn't find it very humorous.  I think orange is his color.

The day has FINALLY arrived!  Jonas is officially a BIG BOY!  Wahoo!  After spending countless Sunday's out in the hallway with the little mischief maker, he was finally old enough to go to nursery.  Technically, this was just his "preview" week but I think he's a fan.  I know I am!  It's so nice to actually sit and listen in my own classes like an actual adult!  He was a little fussy at times but not too shabby for his first time.  Looks like he found a buddy in Brother Bithell.  Sunday's just got exciting again!
 
In an effort to keep the boy contained while I got ready, I decided to throw him in the tub.  He loved it for all of about 3 minutes and then got bored with it.  He decided to try and escape on his own and I finally nixed it seeing him attempting a nose dive into the tile floor.  Time to search for other solutions!  Surprisingly he did NOT think to turn on the faucet - which is unusual for the boy who loves water.
 
Last Friday, Mommy had to help with the YW Silent Auction so Daddy came by to entertain the kids.  This is what I found them doing.  Yep, Daddy is a big kid himself.  I think it's hilarious and I'm sure the kids love it as well.  They are sure to be very grateful to have such a fun Daddy.

We have started participating in a babysitting co-op with four other couples in our ward.  It's been a blast and I can't wait to do it again.  This past Saturday was our night to watch the kiddos and all 10 kids decided to show up....lucky us!  It wasn't too bad actually and they all got along really well.  Here is John sitting with half of the group for our quiet/movie time.


Jonas is a lover of all things liquid.  The toilet is his number one choice but since Mommy has locked those lids down, he's had to find alternate sources of water.  This was where I found him this morning.  One day, I will take this boy to the pool.  Summer needs to hurry up and get here!

We were lucky enough to enjoy some yummy dinner at Grandma & Grandpa Field's house a few weeks ago.  The kids love playing with Grandma down on the ground.  Jonas is our silly guy and decided to put this on his head and bounce around.  I love that he likes to be goofy and entertain us.  I am grateful our kids have such fun and silly personalities.  They can always get us laughing.

2 comments:

Jean Fields said...

What a wonderful true life story of the Hufford household. From nursery to wheelchair rides, to graduation to the sink for Jonas, and a trip to grandma and grandpa's who love you all dearly, especially when Jonas became "bucket head"!!! Loved every photo!

Meg + Taylor said...

I always think those co-op things are so wonderful…until it's your turn! 10 kids is a lot! Jonas is getting so big and cuter by the day. I can't wait to see what this new babe is going to look like :)