Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Heart Day

We had a busy but a VERY fun Valentine's Day this year.  It's always a fun holiday to make extra special since this time of year can be very dreary and boring.  I'm not usually a fan of Winter and cold but I'm glad we can spice up the excitement and celebrate our love for each other.  Doing things like this make it fun to be a Mom!

I started off the day early....5:30 which is usually the time I go work-out in the morning but instead I spent my time sneaking off to the donut shop to pick up some sugar for my Valentine's.  I totally went the easy way out and had other places actually bake our Valentine's treats.  ;o)

Daddy taking his donut heart "to-go" and heading off to work.

Addison was easily impressed with her donut for breakfast.  

Jonas didn't quite know what to think of all the crazy morning celebrations.   Luckily he gave us all smiles once he bit into that yummy donut later.

Our day was hectic but fun.  We ended up meeting some friends for lunch at Chick-fil-A after preschool was out.  Here we are in all our chaos.  Jonas and I got stuck at the kid's table but they were nice and we all shared well.  ;o)

Dinner was the funnest part of the day.  I got a little carried away buying trinkets for the kiddos but I loved seeing their expressions when they came out and were surprised.  This was Addison's love loot.

Jonas had some love loot of his own.  He was especially thrilled with the balloon that was tied to his chair.  Next time I'm going to save myself some time and just stick with balloons!  ;o)

This was Daddy's little V-day surprise.  24 balloons with a message on each one....a long with piece of his favorite candy and yummy cinnamon rolls in the middle of it all.

Dinner was a heart pizza courtesy of Papa Murphy's.  And of course, the "love juice" also known as Strawberry flavored Fanta.  Easy peasy.

Addison got to pick out a special Valentine's gift for Daddy and here she is posing with him and showing it off.  

Here is Jonas showing off his special Valentine's gift for his Daddy.  They picked them out ALL by themselves....once I narrowed it down for them that is.
The next day, was our babysitting co-op night which means a free date for Daddy & I.  He chose to do his Valentine's surprise then instead.  We enjoyed a nice evening dining at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants on the Bentonville square and even got to enjoy a chocolate shake at a cute little shake shop across the street.  He remembered me saying that I always wanted to go try that place out.  Even better, he gave me a sweet note and made my favorite treat that following week....chocolate covered strawberries!  Yum!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

2 comments:

Jean Fields said...

Loved your post of "LOVE". It is very special to a mother to feel the love between her children and their spouses. It is tangible - I can feel it! Happy Valentines to you both!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

K so I haven't read your blog for so long because new posts haven't been showing in my blog's sidebar. What the heck?! Now I have lots of fun posts to keep me entertained :)
Fun valentines day! I wish we could have joined in on the chickfila party. We could have joined you at the kid table :)