Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's School Party

Thanks to some slacker pre-school Mom's that don't read the calendar (me included), Addison's preschool class got to enjoy TWO Valentine's parties this year.  Most of the parents had assumed that since Valentine's was on a Thursday AND they had school on Thursday - that would be the day of said party.  Nope, it was supposed to be Tuesday apparently so they could include a girl that only comes once a week.  I realized all this on my way to drop Addison off at school.  I was just going to roll with it and run home and put Addison's valentine's together for her and bring them right back.  However, the other parents petitioned and talked the teacher into rescheduling it for Thursday.  It was a win-win.  We got to come back and celebrate the actual party with her that Tuesday and she got to hand out- and receive her fun Valentine's cards the following Thursday.  She was one happy girl and couldn't stop talking about all the fun things she got!

I always loved when my mother came to my class parties and field trips so I try my hardest to make it a point to go to Addison's.  My favorite part is seeing her face light up when she notices I've arrived.  This time she ran right over to us and gave both Jonas and I hugs and kisses.  Then we got to watch them all do the limbo while we did the party prep.  It was a fun party and it's always so fun to see how she interacts with her classmates.


Addison posing for a picture.  What isn't shown is her saying "Hurry up Mommy, I'm looking, I'm smiling" while she's staring off into space.  Luckily there was a 2 second window where she DID look and smile simultaneously.  Phew!

Decorating her cookie.  She decided to skip the process and go straight for the good stuff.  Licking the icing straight off the spoon.  And yes, when all was said and done she had a wet cookie and no icing left.  95% of the class did the exact same thing.  Nothing like Valentine's Day to induce your children in a sugar coma!


Jonas even got to join in the fun and score a cookie of his own.  Little does he know Mommy requested a "no icing" cookie to create less mess.  He never noticed thankfully.  He loves going to sister's class and always runs straight to the guinea pig to say "hi."  I'm sure he is already looking forward to when he becomes an actual student a few years down the road!  I am too.  ;o)

2 comments:

Jean Fields said...

Happy Valentines Day to my two sweet treats! Isn't childhood precious!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Addison is an angel :)