Friday, December 5, 2008

Adorable Alexa

(Alexa kicking back, hanging out, and shooting the breeze, during our visit)
Lucky me got to spend a good couple of days with little Alexa just a week after she was born. It was a great time for Cass to relax from her newfound motherhood, for me to spoil Alexa rotten, and for Kyle to get his manly bonding time elsewhere during my visit. Personally, I took it as some valuable M.I.T. (Mother In Training) time. Granted I only had two days to spend with the little family but maybe that means I graduated at the top of my lil imaginary class.

Little Alexa is a nice blend of both Kyle & Cassie's features. She's now 1 month old so I'm excited to see how she has filled out and chubbied-up. Our visit way-back-when was spent perusing the outlet malls (with little success) and then heading over to visit with Kyle's family before enjoying a dinner at Culver's. I'm not a die-hard fan of their "Butter Burger" like my sis-in-law Sarah but I do treat myself to my delicious "Cheese-Curds" anytime I can. I know, I know....how appetizing is the name "Cheese Curd"? Not very but neither is "Butter Burger" either. But, believe you me, they are delish and come highly recommended if you ever happen across the restaurant.

Later that night we got to kick back and watch T.V. and play with Alexa. Then it was all ears and excitement as we enjoyed a nice lazy morning the next day as we prepared for Alexa's first visit with her P.A.T. (Parents as Teachers). I was more attentive and learned much more than Alexa did seeing as she slept through the whole thing. But she aced it all with flying colors....and looked so cute and peaceful doing it. Now that takes talent (and she gets that from her mama, Cass). Afterwards we enjoyed a nice visit to the local farmer's market and bought some delicious fruit. Sadly, I had to leave that evening since John was missing me desperately (or so I like to think ;-). It was a great visit and we look forward to seeing her again this weekend as we head back for her blessing. More to come on that later.

0 comments: