Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Our First Year


So, this post is a bit delayed by about a week but John and I reached a big milestone last Monday.  We celebrated the big 1st year anniversary!!  Yay us!  It was a great day and such a wonderful time to reflect back on our year together as husband and wife.  Everyone always says the first year is the hardest but if that were true then that must mean our marriage is going to be a cake-walk from here on out.  Honestly, it wasn't that hard at all.  There was lots of learning, adjusting, etc.  After all, the whole living with someone and spending 24/7 with was definitely a new thing to us so it's not snag-free but I wouldn't consider it hard at all.  I learned LOTS in our first year.  Mostly about myself and I have grown a TON within the last year.  I'm sure John would agree with me and say he's learned lots too.  Mostly we learned how we aren't perfect but we are perfect for each other.  I'm soooooo glad I made the decision to marry him and have never regretted it once.  I get excited looking toward our future and our little ones to come (first one this May!).  

We spent the day low-key since the big celebration will come Jan 2nd as we fly to the Hookie-lau.  John surprised me with flowers and even got to come home early and spend the rest of the afternoon with me.  Then we enjoyed a delicious dinner at the River Grille.  We were newbies to the famous restaurant but thanks to Sarah we were instructed on what the best food on the menu was.  And yes she was right - the steak was heavenly!!  Married life is great.  It took me awhile to get here but John was definitely worth the wait.  I'm a lucky, spoiled, blessed, girl!

0 comments: