Friday, December 5, 2008

Turkey Day


Silly me, once again forgot my camera and thus I've resorted to stealing pictures off of my sis-in-law's blog. She's an avid photographer so I can ALWAYS count on her to come through (unlike myself).

OUR WONDERFUL HOSTS

Turkey day this year was spent with John's family which meant we only had a 5 minute commute :D. Tom & Sarah were the most gracious and hospitable and talented hosts/hostesses I've ever seen. And they cook a mean bird to boot!! The holiday was just perfect. The food tasted & looked like it came from the Better Homes & Garden's magazine but the festivities were nice, low-key, and chaotic - just the way I like em. Sarah gave a perfect, tender, butter massage to our bird and I'm convinced it was the moisest I've ever had. The finale was a nice chocolate mousse cake that was sooooo delicious. One of these days, I plan on doing an apprenticeship in Sarah's kitchen. She loves to cook - and I love it when she does.

After dinner we enjoyed quite an interesting game of catchphrase and I think we actually started catching on by the time the game was over. It made for some good laughs...both with and at each other. Yes, Mama Jean interprets the game as charades so it gives us a good reason to switch gears and challenge ourselves. I don't remember who ended up winning, or if we even kept track of points, but a fun time was had by all.

All turkey week we also got to enjoy hanging out with the McKasson clan. Scott & Jenny were both lucky enough to visit Arky and be graced by our presence and coolness. We saw a TON o' movies and I think all of them were good - what are the chances? So, just a review for those who are considering paying good money to see any of the following:

Four Christmases - This I'd have to say was the best. At least the funniest if anything else. Vince Vaughn is hilarious and Reese Witherspoon can definitely hold her own. And just to mention a special cameo by Tim McGraw. I challenge you to see if you can pick him out.

Australia - This was WONDERFUL and very much a tear jerker. And was LONG (3 hours) but it went by fast. I loved every minute of it - it had a different type feel to the filming/movie but was amazing. I saw it with John and Jenny and I think I was the only one who managed to cry a bucket load of tears. Granted it could be contributed to pregnancy. Regardless, bring your kleenexes!!

Twilight - Ok, sorry folks, this one was stupid. Yes, I read the book and had an idea what the plot was before going. However, I wouldn't call myself a "devoted fan" of the series - regardless that had nothing to do with the fact the movie was cheesy beyond belief. Way too much was crammed into the movie, the acting was extremely cheesy, and I'm sorry but Edward did nothing for me. Carlisle could have done without those few extra pounds of baby powder on his face and the creepy "stare straight ahead in every scene" vampire - was well.....wierd....not mysterious. You could easily detect anyone within the vampire family as they had ghost white faces and a mysterious look on their face in every scene that just came across as stupid. Sorry folks....didn't love it and don't recommend it.

6 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

That picure of the turkey made me drool! I wasn't feeling so good on Turkey day so I didn't eat much- ohhh, now i wish i had some!!

Lisa R said...

Sounds like you are feeling better if a large Thanksgiving meal did not make you nauseous! Of course it sounds really good and it would be hard to pass up! Also, thanks for the movie reviews, maybe we will see 4 Christmas for girls night!

Heath & Ege said...

Finally I have found someone that shares the same opinion of Twilight as me!!! Was the acting terrible? I had a good laugh...Everyone I know loved it!! I don't know what they are thinking....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheri said...

I went to see twilight with a very open mind after reading your review, but MAN, it still really SUCKED.

In other news, when I click on your profile it says "Blogs Shannon Follows" and I am not one of them. WHAT?! SURELY A GROSS OVERSIGHT!!!!

Deleen said...

Where's a pregnant picture?