Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Comes Early



Today was the day we got to peek at an early Christmas present.  John and I had our 2nd ultrasound - this one to tell us what we were having.  For the longest time I had been convinced it was a girl simply because my sisters and Mom had girls first.  However, within the last few weeks my confidence fell down to about a 60/40 split and I was thinking more and more of a boy being a possibility.  Obviously we would be THRILLED for either.  Our dream is to have at least one of each so whomever made their debut first would be just perfect.  The ultrasound and doctor's appointment went perfectly.  I was just as relieved to see a beating heart and a moving baby as I was to see it was a girl.  All her measurements were taken and she was perfect.  I haven't been lucky enough to feel her in my stomach yet, and I was paranoid that my tummy was still fairly small so I was definitely glad to put my worries to rest.  The tech did say she was quite a mover so hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be able to witness that first-hand.  We are still expecting her around May 17th and are excited to meet her!  John will now be outnumbered but he's not complaining.  He's excited to have "his girls".   Here are some pics of our ultrasound.  (Belly pics to come soon I promise!)


5 comments:

Lisa R said...

Ah, Congrats! I am excited that the ultrasound went well and that you are both doing well. I felt both babies around 18 weeks. It is hard to know what your feeling at first so you may be feeling the baby and not even know it! That made me laugh that you were concerned that you were not showing yet. It will come and you will be glad you don't have to get into those lovely maternity pants any earlier than needed!

Jean Fields said...

She's beautiful Shannon and John B. I rushed right home from Sarah and Tom's tonight to check out the blogspot picture. I just kept thinking what a little angel she is. It was fun watching you two open the baby gifts tonight. I can tell you feel it is really real now!!!! We're so happy for you and so very excited. Love all three of you to pieces!

Sarah said...

Congrats!!!!

Shannon said...

YEA!! Girls are sooo much fun! Congratulations! We are glad to hear that all is so perfect with your little girl and with you. Congrats again!

Breezy Weekes said...

Congrats!! Girls ARE sooooo much fun, and if you're anyhting like me and like shopping and girlie stuff like pink- then it makes that much more fun!! :)