Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Showered With Love


I wore black on purpose. However, even though it is a very forgiving color, it alone cannot hide my huge baby belly...or my puffy face. Oh well, it was worth a try!

I almost forgot...but didn't. Earlier this month, my wonderful in-laws and friends threw me a beautiful baby shower for this baby boy. I'm very lucky since this is technically my 2nd child, even though he is our first boy. But even more luckier once you see just how much they did for little ole me....and baby. It was a wonderful shower and I am always so thankful to see how many people care about me, help, show-up, etc etc. I'm not one that feels most comfortable in the spotlight but I'm grateful for friends that still make sure I'm in it every once in awhile.

The theme was brought to you by Sarah (along with most everything else). It was decorated in a Bee theme and it was just adorable. Everything down to the nitty gritty details had to do with bees. I loved it!

A one-shot glance at the treats table. This doesn't even include the array of delicious foods behind the camera that were waiting to be eaten. Sarah is a decoratist - I'm coining that word...just for her.

Cupcakes by the wonderful Courtney. She is Sarah's BFF who I'm also adopting. She must really love me because she made these herself! They look professional don't they? They were just as delicious as they were beautiful!

A beehive diaper cake! I must say I've never ever had my own diaper cake. It was on my wish list - and now I have enough diapers to last this little guy through his first 3 days at home! Thanks Sarah!

See how serious she is about her parties/decorations? She even coordinates the beverages around the Bee theme!


Josie & Mama Jean posing for the camera. They too were sooo helpful with the shower. Josie put together a fun candy matching game - using her artistic abilities. Mama Jean helped with the set-up, take-down, and food as well. I'm definitely loved!


April & Erin joined in on the fun - and the helping! Yep, they are both pregnant too - it's in the water I guess!


What wasn't shown were the scores of other friends that came to shower me with love and gifts. Plus lots of help as well. It was a great evening and I always feel so special when I get to see first hand just how many people care about me. Thanks so much for everyone that came and helped! It was definitely a fun night full of family, fun, friends, food, and laughter!!

0 comments: