Tuesday, August 2, 2011

This Is The Life

Okay, I must confess, I'm one lucky lady. Especially at this stage in the pregnancy. Not only do I get many night outs and breaks but I also get nice foot rubs. Check out my viewpoint from this past Sunday afternoon. (And lets not focus on the fact that my legs have now turned into sausages okay?)


This past Sunday I got to enjoy yet another foot rub from Daddy & Addison. I've capitalized on the fact that this little girly loves to put on "Otions" (lotions). She actually almost trumps the Daddy in knowing just how to rub those tiny little fingers in between and around the toes....her natural ability is quite impressive!

She has also turned into a "mini-me" as of late which is hilarious at times. Now that I'm in my last month of pregnancy (random shout-out: Woot!) I've increased in the aches and pains department and thus can't help but vocalize them as well.

Mostly, during the day as I hobble around in pain, Addison also joins in with me - as if she were also pregnant and achy as well. When I grunt as I stand up, she's next to me grunting and standing up as well. When I moan while I walk/hobble and wait for my joints to catch up, she's behind me doing the same thing. It's so nice (and hilarious) to have someone who feels my pain! Just today, I was laying on the bed and rubbing lotion on my aching feet and she was my mirror image. Side by side, sitting the exact same way, rubbing her feet and moaning just like me. It's hilarious to watch and makes me realize maybe I'm a little too vocal about the recent aches and pains......nah who am I kidding? I deserve to be heard dangit! :P

She's also very sympathetic to my needs. She has turned into my little assistant. I no longer have to bend over and pick things up. She happily will stop what she's doing to fulfill my request and pick it up to hand to me, or put in the trash, or put away, etc. She'll even assist me in pulling me up off the couch, the bed, etc. She must realize just how much work it takes to be pregnant at this point. Ahhhhhh, soooo glad I had a girl first. She's going to be a great mini-nanny when this baby boy arrives. :D

1 comments:

Colton Anne said...

Enjoy the innocence of helping now! Kayley and Cora are still really good helpers, but at times they get a little defiant! Almost there Shannon!! :)