Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Two of a Kind


It seems that John and Addison go on more dates than this Mommy can even keep up with in documenting them! I won't complain though. It's so nice to have some time relaxing by myself while those two go off on their adventures. Addison is lucky to have such a great Dad and I'm lucky that I was able to give her such a great Dad. Because, it WAS all my doing ya know! Seriously though, I found John....he didn't find me.....and I'm thankful everyday that I did find him, and that he didn't ignore my random email way back almost 5 years ago.

So, first things first, Addison enjoyed going to her first youth dance. Yes, at 2 years old mind you! John's church calling is with the 14 year old boys in our ward so he went to help out with a dance/activity and decided to bring Addison as his date at the last minute. Of course, that involved Mommy and Addison rushing around at the last minute to get her dressed just so for her big night out and have every hair in place and even fancy shoes to boot. Yes, secretly we both love this little primping moment....prepping for dates. Luckily they are just with Dad at this point. I fear the day we are getting her ready for dates with other boys!


Testing her abilities with the Hula Hoop. I'm guessing she did wonderfully since she really knows how to shake that booty at home.


One of her dance partners of the night and also one of her favorite babysitters. They even share the same name. It's no coincidence they get along so well.

I'm guessing Daddy and Addison shared a dance or two as well but since he was the sole picture taker, I have nothing to show. They of course topped off the evening with a McD's ice cream cone as a night cap. Daddy is much nicer than Mommy, he lets her hold her OWN ice cream cone. She's been jabbering about that moment ever since. Such a fun date!

And of course, not even a week or two later, the two were off again on another adventure. Mommy got to enjoy a GNO (Girls Night Out, to the late person) and Daddy enjoyed a "Man Date" with his friend Tommy and his kiddos as Mommy was busy dining with Tommy's wife (her friend) as well. Yep, it's a communal event around these parts. Of course the man date included the kiddos while the wives were kid-free (we know how to work it, we are smart ladies after all!) Apparently a fun time was had by all, and John obeyed well when I requested pictures of their man date.


Addison and Bentley chasing each other around the play place. They have about 2 years between them but they LOVE to play together so it works well.


Addison on the slide. Yes, this is the play place that Mommy never lets her go in for fear she won't come out. Again, Daddy is cooler than Mommy.


And this is Addison's future boyfriend, Coops (yes, she picked out that nickname for him, how romantic! ;-). He's a few months younger but we'll look past that. Oh plus she cries (okay SOBS) anytime he's even in her presence or looking at her, but then she'll jabber about him non-stop when he's not around. Girls are so confusing!

1 comments:

Colton Anne said...

Haha! That cracks me up about "Coops" And I notice it's a Chick-fil-a play place! Only the best! :)