Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's About Time

Nope this is not a church commercial....but I do love those. This is about the day-to-day discoveries of a 2 1/2 year old.

Yesterday Addison was beyond fascinated with our digital alarm clock and I thought it was hilarious and cute enough to post about. Usually the minute she wakes up she wanders into our room for some cuddles and milk and we hang out while Daddy gets ready for work. Well this day, she finally discovered the alarm clock on Daddy's night stand. She's been into numbers and especially asking me what time it was so part of me wasn't too surprised. However, she was amazed at this little nifty piece of technology. She'd happily shout out which numbers she saw and then was floored when the numbers would change. I think she sat and watched it for at least ten minutes...trust me...I was clocking her. Hehehehe.

Anyway, it was hilarious how amazed she was with it. She'd plop her head on her hands, lay on her stomach, and kick her feet in the air while she waited for the numbers to change. Then every time they did she'd get all excited and say "Mommy now it's a 7!!" and then "Mommy now it's 8!!" Rinse and repeat. I thought it was adorable. It's fun to see how such simple things are so fascinating to kids. It totally takes me back to my childhood.

0 comments: