Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tagging Along

Every once in awhile we are lucky enough to get to tag along w/John on some of his business trips. Especially when they are so close. This time we got to venture off to Oklahoma City. I'm not really fond of Oklahoma City....or even Oklahoma for that matter. But I'm also not fond of staying at home with two kids for multiple days in a row all by myself. Granted, when we do tag along, I still pretty much juggle the two kids by myself anyway while John is off doing work stuff - but I'd much rather have a change of scenery while I do it! :D

After packing for a small army we finally loaded up and hit the road early on a Wednesday so we could get John there for his work dinner that night. Sidenote: I must say I L.O.V.E. having a minivan. Yep, I'm one of those weird girls that always dreamed of owning one. It's great for many reasons but especially so for when I need to crawl back and sit with the kids and entertain them on long drives. Especially Mr. Jonas since he's not particularly fond of his car seat and doesn't have the added luxury of watching a video. Addison thinks its pretty cool when I sit next to her too and frankly I enjoy watching a little movie while we drive as well. It's a win-win-win-win....yes for John as well since he gets to enjoy a peaceful drive w/out tears.

Anyway, we made decent time and finally arrived at the hotel and sent John on his way. The first night was a little hairy with me and the kiddos. Mostly because Addison has entered the defiant stage and seems to make everything a battle. And also because I lose my patience w/it all quickly and we seem to just butt heads sometimes. But that night the tides turned for the better. Usually hotels and changed up sleeping arrangements have everyone off but amazingly Jonas slept pretty good which means I did too. Yay! I woke up amazed at how well the night went only to hear John say his wasn't so great since he was up putting Addison back to sleep every 30 minutes and then he had to leave for his meetings early. I even enjoyed a nice morning where the kids actually slept in! That never happens folks! It was only until 8:00 am but I loved it.

Once we were awake I didn't quite know where we were going to spend our day but thanks to facebook friends, I got lots of suggestions. We ended up going w/Aunt Sarah's suggestion of the Science Center. I especially loved seeing it was only about 5 miles away from us. We spent the whole day there and loved it. Addison wore herself out by the time we left which was exactly as I had planned. We even skipped right on by nap time w/her and she finally crashed in the van when it was time to go back and pick up Daddy for our drive home. I had hopes of actually attending a temple session that evening (which was one of the reasons we tagged along) but since his work meeting ended a few days early we had to book it back home so he could be at work the next day. All in all, it was a nice change-up in our schedule and a fun little drive with our cute little family. It's so nice to take trips like these when we are able to with the little kiddos.


Practicing for her own mini-version of the Jerry Lewis Telethon. Such a talented girly!


Having a mini-photo shoot while waiting for our lunch. Such a pretty girly isn't she?


Learning to drive the tractor. She'd make her Grandpa Weekes and Grandpa Bell so proud!


And the gymnastics corner. We spent 85% of our time in this area. She loved it. Time to enroll her in gymnastics I guess!


Yes, Jonas was with us and here is proof! He spent most of his time napping in the stroller or sitting on my lap.

The three story slide. Addison would climb to the top all by herself and slide down. I was quite impressed...it was huge!

And here she is at the bottom of the afore mentioned slide. She went up and down it about 10 times...each time landing entirely different than the time before.


And lastly, the last area we discovered. She loved this one as well. A cute little area to paint and build houses and landscaping.

0 comments: