Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy Holidays


Despite the delayed posting - we did in fact celebrate Christmas this year. Apparently it was so great I couldn't seem to find the time to update the blog. But alas, I am back and ready to post about our fun...

Addison really got into Christmas this year which made it fun for all of us. It's so fun to see it all through her eyes and to tap into those childhood memories I had as well. Addison was enamored with Santa Claus - although she refused to sit on his lap, she talked about him non-stop. And believe me when I say NON-stop. Everywhere we went "Santa Calause is nice Mommy....he not scawey, he sit on my lap, he bring me present....a baby dawl!!" Of course, just as much as she spent talking about Santa Claus, she also talked about baby Jesus. That is enough to make this Momma happy! She loved to point out "Dats Mawey, dats Joseph, dats baby Jesus! Dats a donkey mama!" To this day she still pretends she's Mary when she has her bath towel over her head.

We started the festivities with a family gathering at Aunt Sarah's house. We listened to a story about Jesus and also got to open our annual tradition of Christmas jammies. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of Addison in hers but she was of course adorable. Jonas could barely squeeze into his 3-6 month jammies...and he is barely 4 months. I think I'll need to start making clothes for that boy if he keeps growing like he does.

After the family party, we headed to our house and finished up with our traditions of reading "The Night Before Christmas" and also the story of Jesus' birth. We then set out our cookies and milk for Santa and all went to bed.

Luckily Addison wasn't knocking our door down any earlier than usual. We were all up and ready to go at 7:30. Mr. Jonas started strong but didn't last long so we continued on while he napped through most of it. Mostly the day was about Addison and watching her open her presents. There really wasn't much time to allow any of us to open our presents. John and I would occasionally sneak a few open when she was busy tinkering with one of her toys. Which was rare since she was mostly in love with tearing off the wrapping paper and chasing after another one immediately after. She was also such a nice big sister and helped Jonas open his presents. How kind of her! ;-) She was a little upset when she ran out of presents and had to watch us open ours....poor thing!

Proof that Santa Claus came. He actually ate our cookie and drank the milk. The reindeer even dined on our carrots! :D

Santa was very good to all of us and I think we all walked away happy. I would have to say I think I was the most spoiled since Santa brought me a nice new camera to document our family endeavors and history. Of course I had to test it out on a couple of cute kiddos. I'd say it works just fine!

We spent Christmas evening hanging out with Grandma & Grandpa Fields and cousins and aunts and uncles while we dined on a delicious dinner. It was a great holiday and so fun to spend it surrounded by family.

New Years was also a blast. Once again we trekked over to Aunt Sarah's house and the kids ran around and played while the adults played games. Getting together with family always involves yummy food and good laughs and this year did not disappoint either. As usual, we were all comfy and cozy in our own beds when the New Year rang in. It isn't quite the late night party when you have kiddos that wake up early in the morning!

We were very blessed in 2011. Mostly with our newest member of our family, Jonas McKay. He was born happy and healthy and we are all happy and healthy as well. We had a great year with more blessings than I could ever count. We are looking forward to see what 2012 has in store for our family! :D

1 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Ooooh I want to see your new camera! How fun! Glad you guys had a great holiday. We need to get together soon!