Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What's In A Name?

Apparently attention....and lots of it. A few days ago I was on the phone sorting through insurance stuff and Addison was trying to get my attention. She had made several attempts and nothing was working. As I was hanging up the phone I heard her say my name: "Shannon!" I did a double-take and asked her what she said and she clammed up. I laughed and asked her if she said my name and she smiled and said yes. Once she knew it was funny she said it about 1,356 more times. It was hilarious. Mostly because she'd say funny sentences that had nothing to do with anything. She'd hold her hand to the side of her mouth and shout "Shannon! What are you doing Shannon?" And then "Shannon! Come back over here Shannon!" She was thrilled she not only found something to get my attention but to make me laugh every time she said it. It's weird when your child knows your real name. No worries though, she still calls me Mommy just as much as evidenced when she followed me around earlier saying "Shannon! Shannon! Shannon! Mommy! Shannon! Mommy!"

And I don't just want to talk about Addison in all my posts. Jonas is doing lots of cute things as well. He has decided he likes to sit up and see things now. Apparently laying down is for babies and he's not one anymore. He L.O.V.E.S. to pull his binky out of his mouth and play with it. He has yet to master putting it back in by himself so lucky for him Mommy comes to the rescue....a lot. He loves to jabber and it always throws me for a loop. I usually just think he's starting to cry so I'll plug him up with the binky but then realize ahhhhh he's just talking. It sounds close to crying since it's usually in a high pitch blabbering voice. It's cute though, I love seeing him grow up more and more everyday. He's such a good baby and we are very grateful. Especially me. I can't imagine having two kids who weren't as good as mine are. I'm guessing I'd be bald pretty quick.

1 comments:

Jean Fields said...

So so so so so so cute! You have the sweetest children an I am NOT prejudiced!