Saturday, January 14, 2012

Not My Child

I think I jinxed myself. On more than one occasion, (okay MULTIPLE occasions) I've told myself that my child would NEVER make messes or get into things or only play/explore things that weren't toys. I always felt sorry for those "other" parents and the messes their kids would make. Welp, the tides have turned and I've now recanted my original statement. My child does indeed make messes....it was only just a matter of time.

Lately she loves to unscrew caps off of any/everything in her path. The above pic is what I found when I walked into the living room and saw her playing in my lotion. Since then she has also unscrewed and dumped finger nail polish remover, sucked all the toothpaste out of her toothpaste tube (3 times), and spread even more lotion....again. What awaits us in the future? I guess I better join the rest of the mothers of toddlers and start putting everything out of her reach. :(


3 comments:

Jean Fields said...

Addi wants to be just like her mommy! And what a princess she is! I'm sure cleaning up all that cream was not fun, BUT, that picture years from now will make it all worth it! What a little girly girl! Love it!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

haha oh no! Charlie will never go through this phase ;)

Colton Anne said...

She just has an inner love of lotion that she can't resist!! Wonder who she gets that from!?!? This reminds me of a time when Kayley doused herself in yogurt (yes she used to like yogurt!) Don't think I ever got a picture because I was too worried about cleaning it up!!