Saturday, July 21, 2012

Jonas' New Do

Since my babies are born with almost a full head of hair, it doesn't take long before we hit the "First Haircut" milestone.  However, I was still amazed at how long we coasted on Jonas' curls before it was time to cut the shag.  Cutting their hair for the first time is such a momentous event - at least in my eyes - so I always document the occasion very well.  Thankfully, so does my hairdresser.


Here's the shag before the cut.  If it wasn't for my hairdresser, I never would have known that he had two cowlicks.  She also helped show me how to brush his hair so it wouldn't stand straight up in the back.  Although, I'm not going to lie, I've secretly been a fan of his whispies in the back.  

This one was just because he looked oh so adorable in his little smock.

Mid-haircut.  He did very well considering for an almost 10 month old-er

And the "After" picture.  How adorable is he?  Now he's SUCH a little boy.  It's so weird to see how a haircut can age him so much.
We (okay mostly I) was thrilled when my hairdresser sent us home with his "first haircut certificate" along with a baggie of his little clippings.  I just love saving stuff like that.  She  managed to reassure me that I was completely normal.  Of course, no telling what she told the everyone else after I left. ;-)


Overall, Jonas did great during the haircut.  He only sat on my lap because I didn't trust him to sit upright.  He still hasn't gotten too steady on his little bottom - I know.....you'd think he would have that mastered at 10 months old wouldn't you?  I blame it on his Daddy who gave him such a big noggin.  I'm sure it's hard to balance that thing on such a skinny little neck.  He held fairly still during the haircut and Lindsay was even kind enough to let him play with her necklace to occupy his attention.  


Congratulations Jonas on your first cut!   Time to knock out all the other milestones! 

1 comments:

Colton Anne said...

Rex was a totally different looking boy after his first cut..but I guess who wouldn't look completely different from how long I let his curls get!