Sunday, May 12, 2013

One Lucky Mommy

Let's be frank.  Being a Mommy is HARD work!  You rarely get a day off, you are always putting others needs ahead of your own, and you don't get any sick days.  It's rewarding work but it's definitely hard.  Which is why it's sooooo nice to be enveloped in the celebration and love of Mother's Day.  I'm one lucky Mama because I definitely got celebrated this year.  And it was glorious!

The day started with the pitter patter of little feet (and big feet - sorry Daddy ;).  I had to finish prepping my YW lesson for church that day so I was awake and heard the scurrying in the kitchen.  One of my favorite noises by the way.  Anyway, soon Addison and Daddy arrived to the bedroom and ordered me back to bed.  I of course obeyed and was then presented with this:


Such a cute little waitress serving such a delicious breakfast.  In case you can't tell, it's warm and gooey cinnamon rolls surrounded by strawberries.  It was delish!  And I need to also mention that they all sacrificed some of their allotted icing to put on my rolls for extra gooey-ness.  That's love folks.  Especially when you know how much your husband LOVES that icing.  

After we ate breakfast together in bed and hung out we were off to get ready for church.  Addison was very good at dressing herself and being a big helper while we all scurried around.  Jonas ended up making a mess right as we were walking out the door - I think he chose to drench himself in the sink - I can't remember anymore.  Luckily, he's cute and I forgave him and Daddy changed him so we could head to church.

Church was a little bit crazy busy since John's home-teaching family was speaking in sacrament.  He offered to watch their kids and we quickly divvied up the ages.  He got 4 older kids and I happily took the two littlest.  My bunch spent most of our time in the hallway thanks to a blowout from the cute little girl and Jonas not wanting to hold still and having a hard time sharing his Mommy.

After church was when the real fun kicked in.  I didn't have to lift a finger.  I got to relax while Daddy made us all a quick meal/snack so we could all enjoy a nice long nap.  It was perfect.  Then, for dinner Daddy & Addison created quite a delicious concoction.  Seriously, if you know how much I loooovvvveee me some Olive Garden Chicken Carbonara - THIS was better than that.  No lies.  Daddy mentioned he was originally planning on making something completely different but then ventured onto some creative skills and whipped up this beauty...


The first course - salad.  Yes, that IS bacon layered on top.  It was as good as it looks.  

The pasta ensemble.  I'm not sure if it had a name since he just winged it but I would like to name it 'Delicious Dinner' since it was every bit of it.

And of course, the piece de resistance....Ice cream, strawberries, and chocolate.  It doesn't get much better than this.  I was definitely stuffed!

And it didn't stop there.  All day long they showered me in thoughtful and cute little gifts.  The theme of the day was "We love Mommy from Head to Toe".  So throughout the day each gift they gave/made me had to do something with relaxation.  First, was cozy fuzzy socks with aloe vera in them.  Then there was Burt's Bee's chapstick (one of my favorites).  Then, some earrings for my ears.  Followed by some pretty body perfume, great smelling lotion (Addison picked out both and did an excellent job), some fingernail polish for my toes...and the end culminated in a foot-rub.  It was a great day.  It was so nice to be appreciated and served and not having to lift a finger all day long.  I'm already counting down till Mother's Day next year!  ;o)
  
This is a cute little handout Addison worked on at pre-school.  All the things she knows about her Mommy.  According to her I'm young, skinny, and I love to shower??  Welp, she got most of it right.
 
The beautiful flower bouquet my sweet family surprised me with.  I love me some tulips.

So grateful for this little family that I get to call mine.  I'm lucky in soooo many ways.  I waited a LONG time for them and it was worth every minute.

1 comments:

Jean Fields said...

I love the way you love one another - each one of you! Makes my heart sing!