Thursday, May 16, 2013

Preschool Performance

I must admit...I LOVE having a girly in preschool.  For many reasons but one of them being that I get to see cute little singing performances and hear about what they do during the day at school.  Addison loves it just as much and I love that too.....there's a lot of love around here people.

For the end of the year, it's Explore & Discover's tradition to have a singing performance.  It's fairly low-key but it does involve having the kids stand at the front of the church chapel while the parents and family members watch and hearing what songs they've learned in preschool that year.  Most of them are silly songs but all of them are fun to hear.  And especially fun to watch how your little big girl is doing as a performer.  

It was adorable to see how excited all of the kids were to see their families in the audience and to sing to us.  We were lucky enough to have Grandma Fields join us to support Addison and she was thrilled to have her there too.  Poor Grandpa wasn't feeling good so he couldn't make it.  It was also hilarious to see how many video cameras were in the audience just recording away for every second they were up there.  I like to see all the proud parents...especially when John is recording right there along with them.  

Addison was superb at being very patient and obedient since it took a few minutes longer to queue up the music and start the performance.  Most of the other kids were flopping and flailing around by this time.  Finally, the music began and the cute little voices started singing along to their pre-recorded CD.  I could faintly hear Addison among all the others but I definitely saw her lips moving and was proud of how well she knew the words and was brave to sing in front of all of us.  At the beginning of the year she started out quite shy and thankfully pre-school has helped her with that SOO much.  This was just more proof that it was working.  

At the end of the performance they had one more song to sing to us and asked the family members to come join if they'd like.  The song was "Tootie-Tot" and apparently Grandma Fields had heard of it - I had noooo idea what song it was but I was still ushered to the front by her and John.  I figured there wasn't much I wouldn't do for my little girly than get my pregnant self up there to sing a song I'd never heard of in front of people I didn't know.  (See where Addison gets her shy-ness? ;).  I also knew that there was noooo way she was going to be the only little girly without a parent up there either.  I left my pride at the door and sang and did the actions to "Tootie-Tot" and was working up quite a sweat at the end of it.  It was fun to do it with Addison and see her just giggling away at how silly it all was.  Her preschool teacher was quite amazed it didn't put me into labor.  I was just amazed I finished it standing on both feet still.  I can't do much without getting winded anymore.  

After the performance, Addison was able to walk us to her classroom and we all enjoyed some cookies and punch and got to visit with the other parents.  Jonas finally got to play with the preschool toys - one of his favorite things to do.  It was such a fun time to celebrate Addison and her pre-school fun.  So glad Daddy & Grandma Fields could join in the fun with us.  Addison was thrilled to see us all there and that made it all worth it.  

1 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

This is so fun. I'm hoping to get Charlie in some preschool this fall. Hopefully they aren't all full!