Friday, September 23, 2011

Our Growing Boy


Life definitely gets busier with two kids but I'm trying my darndest to stay on top of all the milestones (and document them) for Jonas just as I did for Addison. I don't want to deal with any "2nd child issues" that's for sure! (Yes, I speak from experience as I was that 2nd child).

Anyway, Jonas is a growing boy and while the weeks have been crazy we have definitely loved having him in our family. It feels as like he's been here all along - I know everyone says that but it's true! He's a perfect fit and I can't wait to see him grow into his little body and personality even more. And speaking of growing.....here are some pics and stats of our little guy! These pictures were taken when he was barely 1 week old.

(We are lucky enough to know a great budding photographer who took these incredible shots. We got lots of poses and it was sooo difficult to pick which ones to post here. If you'd like to see them all just let me know! I'm always willing to show off our little cutie. :D)




1 Week Stats: 9/6/11
Weight: 9 lbs 1 oz (95%)
Height: 23 1/4" (95%)

3 Week Stats: 9/20/11
Weight: 9 lbs 15 oz (80%) (woohoo for regaining his birth weight and then some!)
Height: 24 " (95%)

**All the percentiles are approximate since he hasn't quite reached 1 month old yet. Needless to say he's a big and tall baby boy!


Things he's learned to do in his short 3 weeks outside of my belly:

  • Eat (I think we are finally mastering this but it is still a process)
  • Poop
  • Pee
  • Cry
  • Smile (when he's sleeping mostly and it's still rare at this point)
  • Sleep (he's a great sleeper - only needs to be fed once during the night)
  • Suck on a binky - he's definitely a binky baby just like his sister was.
  • Burp (mostly on his own but we rely on the Gripe Water when he can't seem to get the painful bubbles out.)
  • He loves to sleep in the Baby Bjorn whenever we go on walks. He will literally conk out within 5 minutes of us leaving the house.
  • He loves his sister and doesn't mind that she kisses him a billion times a day.
I think that is it for now. Can't wait to see what the next month holds for us. Hopefully a little more sanity and figuring out a new normal with a newborn.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Can't wait to love on him in two weeks!!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Those pictures turned out beautifully!