Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Venturing Out

Get this.....I came across a major realization tonight. Remember this comes after I've festered in this house with two kiddos - one still very much a newborn.

FACT: I am able to actually LEAVE the house....WITHOUT the kids! Whodathunk? Apparently not me. Not sure why I don't push through and do this more often. It's always such a battle getting through that front door when the day was already so hectic. Of course John is always more than willing to take the reins (especially now since he is the proud owner of FIFA 12 ;-). And after all, he IS the other parent. And competent. And could always use a glimpse of the craziness of two kids while being the lone parent.

So why exactly do I think I'm chained to the house and the kiddos? I've been racking my brain about this all night while I've been wandering through the aisles of Target on my little getaway. Not only do I forget to give myself breaks (before it's too late) but I also think I'm only "allowed" to leave when the kids are asleep or if I bring one of them with me and leave the other with John. And I promise this is my own weird/twisted thinking. John has always been more than willing. I've just been slow in doing it.

Well tonight I officially left the house and wandered the aisles of Target. Of course what do I do the WHOLE time I'm out? Shop and browse through the children's section and pick up household things I need anyway etc etc. I bought nothing for me - except for a A&W Root Beer and it was divine. Sigh, maybe the more I get out the more I'll actually spend time shopping for me? I must get more practice at this!

1 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Oooh please take me with you shopping! I tried going, with the double jogger last week, to the mall. It was comical trying to get INTO stores that had the doors closed haha.