Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Overzealous

This just in.....reality!

So, my previous post mentioned how much easier being a Mom to two is. And how I didn't expect it to be this easy - something to that effect.

I'm here to officially change my viewpoint. It's hard. Day #1 and #2 had us out in town running errands - MULTIPLE errands! And we did it all without a hitch. The two cuties just sat in the back seat and cheerily were along for the ride. The weekend hit and we lounged yet again w/Daddy.

Then Monday and Tuesday hit....aka: Reality. We haven't left the house. Well we did yesterday for a bilirubin lab and it was a nightmare. Then we came right back home to safety. But home isn't always that safe either - they still gang up on me and cry here too. But I feel more comfortable crying in my own home. I didn't so much in the hospital while we waited for the lab.

Poor Addison....she falls a lot. Doesn't watch where she's going and crashes into things a lot. Plus just plain trips over her own feet. She's at the stage where she is always pointing out an "owie". I'm at the stage where I just don't have the sympathy anymore....especially when baby brother is crying in my ear. She definitely gets the brunt of the crazy, psycho Mom. I just about lost it when she was wailing at the lab/hospital simply because I wouldn't let her play in a particular chair. All the while Jonas was wailing while his foot was getting pricked and blood was getting milked out of him. Immediately I get frustrated w/Addison since she isn't actually "in" pain....why does she pick the most inopportune times to get emotional? Sigh.

She is a sweetie though. ALWAYS so willing to help and put things away and kiss and hug on both me and Jonas and she tells me "Tanks Mom!" all the time....even when I ask her to do a favor for me or if I lose my patience with her. Talk about ultra guilt for this Mom! I honestly couldn't handle two if Addison weren't my first child - she alone makes this so much more bearable. She's always obedient and listens so well and is just a joy to be around.

Anyway, just wanted to clear up some confusion. My first two days were simply overzealous and unrealistic I think. We've regressed a bit since then. At this rate we could be holed up in the house for a good month. Maybe by the time we come out we'll be somewhat presentable and maybe just maybe I will have my hair fixed and make-up on by then. It gets easier right? I keep telling myself that.

4 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I know what you mean! I had moms at my house for so long it took a while before I was on my own. I was breezing through thinking I was the best, most organized mom in the world haha oh dear. It is a hard adjustment!!!

Natalie said...

I have never done two, but I had my fair share of breakdowns with just one. I can't even imagine two at this point. Hang in there! You'll be fine mamma!

Josie said...

things are insane this week but I'd love to help out somehow next week..just let me know :)

Chelsea said...

Thanks! Good to know.. not have #2 anytime soon for us! I could not imagine. But props to you guys! :)