Thursday, September 29, 2011

Looooong Day

Today was a fairly long day. We spent most of the morning in the house. Nowhere to go...no errands to run. We did venture out for the afternoon for a visiting teaching appointment. That's right...visiting teaching...WITH two kids....RIGHT after naptime. Yeah, I was pretty proud of myself for accomplishing that one.

It wasn't until after we finished visiting teaching that Daddy texted and said he had to work late. Which meant I was spending the 2nd long day in a row with the two kiddos. Surprisingly, I held it together for the most part. I made an impromptu decision to grab some dinner and head to the park for a picnic. Wasn't I feeling adventurous? Addison was thrilled to get to go on the slides and I was thrilled that I didn't have to make dinner. It was a win-win. And frankly, once you've already accomplished loading everyone and everything into the car you may as well conquer the world while you are out and about. So we did. Wendy's dinner was less than desirable but luckily the park came through for us. We all had a blast for the break in our day...except for when the bratty rambunctious kids took over the park while their parents were oblivious - but that's another post for another day.

Addison is really easy to keep track of at parks. She finds her favorite slide and goes down it over and over and over. You can bank on the fact she will run that route like clockwork until it's time to go. Every once in awhile she'll switch slides....but it doesn't happen often.


And Jonas is content to just sit and enjoy the fresh air. He's easy to keep track of too. I'm pretty lucky to have such easy kids.


Overall, I was pretty proud of myself for surviving the long hours/days being the lone parent. I only had a few "mother of the year moments" but we won't discuss those. ;-)

It wasn't until the last hour that I was ready to scale the wall. I had JUST put Addison in bed and Jonas decided to wake up and not grant me my 5 minute reprieve I was sooo looking forward to. Thankfully Daddy came home right in time to give me my break. Phew! I think I'm finally getting the hang of this two-kid gig.

1 comments:

What's up with the Walkers! said...

I would say you've mastered it! The park, visiting teaching, your either amazing or crazy. I don't think I even left the house for a month, you've already been to run errands! You go girl!