Tuesday, August 14, 2012

11 Months Old


Woah!  When did THIS little guy grow up so fast?  Are we really already a month away from turning one!??  Technically just a couple of weeks away since I'm late on my post again.  Not sure I'm ready for this!


Nah, who am I kidding.  I love seeing him get older and seeing his personality even more than before.  It's almost like he is two different people.  He was the "newborn, little baby to take care of and google over" person and now he's the "so fun to watch and listen to jabber and be a silly little boy" person.  It's hard to connect the two people in my mind sometimes.  

So without further adieu.....here are some pictures from our homemade photo shoot today...


This was his slouchy pose.  And also his non-verbal way of telling me he had a poopy diaper and didn't want to sit straight in it.  I figured it out all on my own.....a few minutes later. ;-)
PPD (Post Poopy Diaper).  Apparently he hadn't yet forgiven me for my delayed response.
Alas, a smile!  It was hard work but definitely worth it.   His smile ALWAYS makes me smile.

And this is what he did REPEATEDLY throughout our little photo shoot.  Yep!  He's a crawler....finally!  Sigh.

On the move again.  And it's even the real, 4 limb crawl folks!  He's a fast one.  

The little guy did just as I had predicted.  He spent his first 11 months of life not doing much.   Not, crawling, very little rolling over, and didn't manage to grow any teeth.  However, he has done all of that plus more within the first two weeks of his 11th month.  He's making up for lost time I guess.  What hasn't this little guy accomplished lately?

I knew once he finally understood the process, that he would take off with it.  He started the first few days with the army crawl.  Using that right leg of his to scoot his whole body forward.  He got pretty fast with it and was content using that as his mode of transportation for the first little while.  Until he figured out how to stay up on all fours and crawl.  That is now his preferred method and his poor little sore knees show it.  It doesn't stop him though.  He spends all day wandering and exploring and is so happy to finally be in control.  He's particularly fond of crawling under our coffee table over and over again.

He's also a fan of pulling up and standing.  It totally throws me off when I go into get him in the morning or from his nap and he's standing up and holding on to the side just smiling at me.  He loves to pull up on anything and just bang his little palms to make noise.  

Which reminds me...he is definitely ALL boy and it's hilarious how some things are just ingrained into their DNA.  This past Sunday, I was sitting in Relief Society while he was busy playing with toys and he was constantly making his little boy sound effects while he played.  I tried putting the binky in his mouth to keep him quiet but he quickly spit it out  and kept on making his motor noises.  Plus, he loves any/all balls that are in his path.  If he sees one he quickly giggles and starts flapping his little arms up and down in excitement with a big smile on his face.  He especially enjoys watching Daddy spin the basketball on his finger.  It's so fun to see the differences a little boy brings.  I even noticed today that he enjoys "throwing" things.  Well, his version of throwing which means he picks up any toy and drops it down, picks it up again, drops it down, etc etc.  I think Daddy got his little baller!

He also is rather cute when he gets mad or frustrated.  He'll clench his fists and hold out his arms and grunt over and over until we figure out what he needs.  It's cute to watch.  Goodness, almost everything about him is fun to watch. 

He loves to be upside-down.  This is always a sure-fire way to chase away the grumpies.  Once you bring him right-side up he quickly tosses his head backwards trying to get upside-down again.  This little trick has saved us multiple times in church by the way.  

Rumor has it that he has said "Mamama" and "Dadada" but I'm not sure if it's official yet or that he relates them to John and I.  He has said them, I've heard it even, but I still think it's a jabber at this point.  Stay tuned.

And best of all, he FINALLY grew some teeth!  Yep, technically it's 1 1/2 but I'm rounding up and calling it 2!  His two little bottom teefers finally poked through.  And I'm thinking it's only a matter of days before his big top ones join them.  For the most part, he's done pretty well with the pain.  And we are quickly learning not to keep our fingers in his mouth for too long when feeding him.  Addison learned that lesson first-hand today poor thing.  And lets just say he is NOT a fan of showing off his teeth.  I had to wrestle him quite a bit before I could even get this blurry shot below.  He was mad at me but I know he'll thank me when he's 24 years old and wants to see what he looked like with two cute little teefers.  At least that's what I told myself while I fought him tooth and nail...hehe...pun intended.


Aren't they just two of the cutest little teefers you've ever seen in your whole life?
  Overall, he's just so fun to watch as he goes through this latest phase of life.  It's hard to imagine that he could be walking and running soon.  He has such a cute little personality and I think he'll be quite the dare-devil when he grows up. I'm also excited to see his funny little sense of humor develop.  Just his facial expressions alone show me he's going to be a silly little guy.  Time to start making plans for his 1st birthday celebration!

3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

What?!!! Already 11 months? His birthday is so close!

Dana said...

Love him! I think he and Jillian need to have a crawling contest! They got bottom teeth at the same time too. Man that year went by so fast, what is the theme of his birthday this year?

Familia Morales said...

He's such a handsome boy!