Thursday, August 2, 2012

Amazing Feats

In case you haven't heard.  This little girl is FULL of amazing feats.  Only two of which include...
Making a silly face in the dryer compartment while Mommy & Daddy are in repair mode.

Riding a rocking horse WHILE coloring AND watching TV.  Quite the multi-tasker she is.


Among MANY other talents of course.  Addison is in the "Mommy, mommy, mommy, watch this!" phase.  It's hilarious at times and frustrating at times.  


Hilarious because I remember being at that age and truly being convinced that every.single.thing I did was amazing and thus everyone should watch.  Jump into a pool?.....amazing.  Turn in a circle?.....amazing.  Do a somersault?....uh.maze.ing.  


Why would I ever want to miss it?  Oh yeah, because I have another child that requires some attention here and there.  Granted he IS a pretty low maintenance child and used to being the 2nd by this point in his life....but there are a few needs he has that must be met eventually.  Somehow, I have to now learn how to meet his needs while also staring non-stop at Addison as she performs her tricks for me.  


Annnnndddd, I think I'm finally getting pretty good at it.  Because heaven help me, she can really scold you if you look away....even for a millisecond.  So grateful I have such an amazing child!

1 comments:

Jean Fields said...

I had a few just like Addison who required my undivided attention and I know the looks that can be given. I felt guilty if I didn't watch every second and guilty if I did because another child suffered. But the good news is: Now those memories are precious and bring a smile to my face. Hang in there Shannon - it's worth it! Love you!