Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Big Girl, Big Changes

We are now entering a new phase in life.  Yep, our little "Big Girl" Addison is getting ready to start preschool.  As of right now she is BEYOND excited!  Mommy is excited as well but I am starting to get a bit nervous and sad the more I think about it.  I'll likely be in tears the minute I leave her on the first day next week.  I think she's slowly catching on to the fact that Mommy won't be able to stay and play with her like she had hoped.  However, I'm positive after the first week, we will all be LOVING the new routine.

We were lucky enough to visit Addison's preschool yesterday and meet the teachers.  They are both new this year and they seem very capable and good and nice and smart and etc.  Addison was very excited to meet up with Daddy and show him around her new classroom.  She got her welcome bag and a new "pack-pack" that she is very excited about decorating.  It was fun to see how she interacted with all the other classmates.  She was a bit shy and nervous about it all.  However, Jonas had no qualms crawling his way over to the cars and playing with the other boys.  I'm thinking he'd happily trade his sister spots if he had his way.  He'd be playing in the car bin and then turn around to find Mommy & Daddy watching him and just cheese and smile away.  It was also pretty humorous how all the girls were bustling around the kitchen play area while all the boys were hard at work driving the cars and trucks in their area.  Somethings are just ingrained into their DNA I'm learning.

I have a lot of mixed emotions about this next phase of our lives but I'm sure after we are all adjusted it will be a great time.  We are very proud of our big girl and are confident she'll be such a good student and make lots of friends and learn lots of things.  I can hardly wait until it's time to place Scholastic book orders, look through paperwork in her backpack, and help her with her homework.  I know, I'm a lame Mom.  I'm totally looking forward to all the things most parents dread.


We went and ate lunch with Daddy after the open-house and Addison was a bit sad when it was time for him to go back to work.  She shed a few tears but he promised he would send her an email later that day and she was happy about that.  When she woke up from her nap he had this adorable email waiting for her with graphics included...he's a good daddy.  I hope she always remembers this letter and how thoughtful Daddy was.  :D
 

Dear Addison,

I had so much fun going with you today to visit your pre-school!  Here is a picture of you all grown up in front of your new school.

Miss Tara is so excited to be your teacher and to teach you new things!  She is so excited to be your teacher, she made a little frog with your name on it to say YOU are in HER class!  Here is a picture of you with your little froggy:


You will get to go to school all by yourself like a big girl does!  Sometimes, that can be scary.  And that's okay.  Sometimes Daddy gets scared too.  here is a funny picture of Daddy's SCARED face!

Before you go to your first day of Pre-School, Daddy will give you a special prayer called a "Father's Blessing" that looks like this:
It will help you to be brave, to feel happy, to make new friends, and help you to think about Heavenly Father if you feel scared.  When I think about how much Heavenly Father loves me, and how much my family loves me -- I feel....HAPPY!

Good luck my little Addibell at Pre-School!
Love Daddy!

2 comments:

Jean Fields said...

What tender hearts you and John are. Makes my heart melt. Addi is surely blessed to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy! Have a great school year Addi. Grandma loves you angel!

Meg + Taylor said...

What a sweet email. Dads are cute :) I can't believe Addison is old enough for pre-school. She is becoming such a big girl! And a super cute one to boot :)

I also got to play catch up on your blog today and I about died when I read your post about Addison's obsession and over-share of your boobies making milk. Ha! Kids are so funny. Being a teacher for a few years I got to hear some pretty hilarious stuff. Though I didn't get any, "My mommy's boobies make milk." What a kid.