Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Informant

Yes, apparently I have one of THOSE children.  I've taught in primary long enough to know that the little kiddos can leak some pretty big news and spill some pretty interesting secrets about their lovely parents mid-lesson.  Once a child mentioned to me that her "Daddy drank some wine - but just a little bit" and another one pre-emptively announced the "baby in my mommy's tummy."  It's all fun and games when you are on the receiving end.  NOT when you are on the other side.

Case in point:
I've been told by Addison's teachers in nursery class that she is rather shy and rarely talks.  This is surprising because she seems to talk NON-STOP during all other hours of the week.  However, apparently when she talks in nursery - she makes it worth her while.

Last Sunday, while one of the teachers (yes, all male teachers mind you) was playing with the kiddos, he was playing with a toy cow while stating:  "Oh here is a cow, we get milk from cows."  To which Addison quickly interjected....  "My Mommy has milk in her boobies."  Lovely eh?  Luckily the two teachers who heard, successfully changed the subject before any other children asked Addison to elaborate.  

I've always made it a point to be open and honest in answering Addison's many.many.many. questions that she seems to have.  And yes, one of them has been her recent fascination with how mommies make milk for their babies.  Keep in mind, my nursing endeavors were VERY short-lived with both children.  Addison - 3 months old, Jonas - 2 months old.  But somewhere along the way, as of late, Addison has decided to familiarize herself with the concept of nursing and milk production and newborns.  

Truly, she gives me the details as I get out of the shower quite often.  "Boobies make milk.  Dey feed Donas.  Mommy has milk in her boobies....etc. etc."  I've explained many times about how they USED to make milk for baby Jonas a long time ago but now he drinks formula.  And how amazing Heavenly Father is for making mommies the way He does so they can feed their babies.  It's a very PG discussion I promise.  However, apparently now I need to include some type of disclaimer that Addison doesn't need to go talking about Mommy's boobies to other people....especially when those other people are in her nursery class.......at church.......that are taught by all male teachers. 

Wish me luck in my endeavors!  I'm hoping to perfect this skill before she starts preschool in a couple of weeks.  Otherwise, her poor little classmates will know wayyyyy too much information about the human body and milk production in mommies.

3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

hahahhahahahahahahahaha love it

Jean Fields said...

I was pretty calm about your whole post until towards the end when you happen to mention that all her teachers are males! I have not stopped laughing since!!! Poor mommy!

Familia Morales said...

Hahaha! That's too funny!