Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wish List

Lately, Addison has developed quite the wish list.  Every single toy we pass at the store, see on the TV, or see in another little kid's hands, is the EXACT toy she wants.  Normally, one would hate this phase since it's when the begging usually ensues.  However, I'm grateful that Addison is easily subdued in these situations.  Here is a conversation that we have at least five times a day:

A: Mommy, can I have dat toy dare?
A: Mommy, can I save my monies and ask Santa Claus for dat toy?
A: Someday Mommy, can I buy that toy?
M: Sure, just save your money.
A: Okay Mommy!  Thanks!

-End of conversation-

Which is rare because anyone who has ever spent more than five minutes with her knows full well that conversations don't usually end that quickly.  She likes to talk.....uh LOT.  So much so that I have to beg her to give me a break sometimes.  However, I'm glad, with this conversation, that it can end rather quickly.  

Either she better get herself a part time job or start piling on the extra chores.  She has quite a bit of money to save for that ever-growing wish list of hers.  Granted, I highly doubt she even remembers what toys are on it at this point.

She's quickly transitioning out of those terrible two's and three's and is becoming a rather fun girl to hang out with.....most of the time.  So grateful we both survived that phase!

0 comments: