Friday, May 16, 2008

Baltimore and a Bum

Our last day of the trip was spent back in Baltimore. Unfortunately, we didn't get to do anything fun because John had to work. I had my sights set on checking out the Baltimore Aquarium but didn't want to venture out and enjoy it alone. Maybe next time we'll see what it's like.

The Bum....actually this incident occurred in D.C. but forgot to include it in the last post. While John was doing some interviews in the hotel, I decided to venture out and enjoy the weather and a nearby city park. I wasn't daring enough to take on those confusing streets all by my lonesome with a vehicle. Just prior to this we had gotten pretty lost and I was ready to be far far away from the vehicle and take my chances on foot. I just didn't realize how interesting that would prove to be.

I headed off to the CV Pharmacy to get some batteries and a snack and a Dr. Pepper to calm my nerves from our big city/map episode that had happened minutes earlier and left me with a pounding headache. Looking forward to a nice relaxing moment, I ventured to the circular park (in the middle of yet another wonderful round-a-bout - feel free to refer to my other post to learn of my distaste in these). I felt brave about venturing out by my lonesome in a big city since it was in the middle of the day - and I tend to be a bit naive about the big world and the possibility of anything happening to me. After choosing a seat on the park bench, I heard the man a few benches away ask for some of my chips.....which I hadn't even pulled out of the bag yet. Confused and startled I didn't have a chance to find any other response than...."Sure". I'm so nice aren't I? Anyway, he scooted over by me and I chose to put my clean hand into the bag and pull some out for him. I may be nice but I didn't want his germy hands rooting through my chips. So, after sharing with him, he decided to sit and discuss everything from my tennis shoes, to the weather. I thought, wow what a nice fellow, I shouldn't be judgmental and instead take the opportunity to be friendly. However, the next statement changed my mind. After a few minutes of silence he looks at me and says "You wet yourself." I was like...whuh? He repeated it again and I just sat there confused....and looked to see if indeed I had wet myself. He then said "Ya gotta be careful about that". I was like Yes, yes, I agree....the whole time thinking....uh lunatic! Cuckoo! Then I proceeded to eat one more chip, take one more drink, and get up. Then he asked if I had a boyfriend....actually yes, a husband, I replied and I'm on my way to meet him now. I was outta there after only sitting down for about 2 minutes. After wandering from the park, and checking my peripheral vision, and preparing for all the "what if" scenarios I finally made it back to the hotel to wait in the comfort of sane hotel workers surrounding me until it was time to meet up with John. After all was said and done I laughed at the story but was frustrated at weirdo's like him that don't let me just enjoy my snacks in the park in peace. And he had eaten most of my chips to boot!!

After relaying my story to John, he had kept asking me well did you wet yourself.....uh helloooo no...the guy was crazy!! He then asked, was there a spot on yourself that would have made him think that....uh again no....crazy people don't need actual reasons to say crazy things. Hilarious isn't it? For some reason, no matter where we go, the weirdo's attract to me like a magnet. I'm beginning to get a complex about it.

5 comments:

Emily Green said...

That's hilarious! Glad you're enjoying your trip (snicker snicker)!

Sheri said...

Holy creepy.

Heath & Ege said...

haha...wow. That was quite an adventure you had! Glad you came out of it safe! :)

Josie said...

Truth be told, I'm surprised you didn't wet yourself. I probably would have if that had happened to me! CU-CKOO!

Nik said...

I lived in DC-he was probably thinking out-loud. I can't tell you all my public pee-peeing stories from there. I have to say you are brave!