Friday, May 9, 2008

Kansas City Here We Come

The title of this blog has me humming that cool little tune in my head. "Goin to Kansas City...Kansas City here we come....they got the pretty little women and I'm a gonna get me one." I grew up listening to the oldies thanks to my parents and that was a personal favorite of mine. And no, we did not get any "pretty little women" on our trip to Kansas City.
Anyway I digress. The purpose of this post was to catch everyone up on our crazy busy weekend. John and I headed to Kansas City (er...Liberty) to see our little nephew Preston get blessed. But in addition to the Sunday festivities we had a rather exciting weekend leading up to it. Forgoing the generous air mattress offerings and floor space offered by my sister, we opted to stay in a nearby hotel and thus got to host the whole fam in the little 4 ft x 4 ft bathtub the Hampton Inn refers to as a pool. It doesn't take much to get us excited. Here are a few pics of the festivities the weekend graced us with.

Here's a pic of John with little Preston - the one we all drove far and wide to honor. He's a cute little miniature man and John is quite the "daddy-in-training" (and no I'm not making any announcements here so don't get excited.)
John and Kayley reading a story while the rest of us napped.

Here's Kayley enjoying dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Her dinner consisted of butter with a side of bread. Note the butter mustache that I thought was definitely picture worthy.

Here's Ashlyn giving her "show teeth" smile. She's the proud big sister to Preston and is rather adorable herself. She loves attention and pigtails...can't get enough of either.

Colton and little Cora swimming in the pool. Cora is the most laid-back baby I've every seen. She prefers to sit and observe everyone around her and absolutely nothing makes her upset.
So all in all, it was a great but exhausting weekend. The blessing was wonderful and everyone enjoyed themselves whether it be garage-saleing, napping, eating, or swimming. A fun time was had by all.

1 comments:

Sheri said...

These are some seriously cute babies. Thank you for putting up the pictures.

I've tried to post more comments to your blog a few times, but that darn word verification shoots me down almost every time. (NOT that I am typing it incorrectly. I get it right EVERY TIME and they still say I got it wrong...)

p.s. Grandma's out here visiting! She's at my mom's house. Fun huh? I never get to see her, and now I get to!