Thursday, May 1, 2008

If you build it....they will come.

My apologies for the Field of Dreams reference but it was what came to mind at the time. What I'm referring to is building the blog. I just feel so wonderful when I see that people are reading our blog. A few posts back I mentioned how I absolutely LOVED when people post comments so I know I'm not writing in vain. And lo and behold, you've all obeyed sooo well. Sometimes I just visit our blog and scroll through and re-read the comments or read the parts where it says "6 comments" and get warm fuzzies inside all over again. It's nice to know that we have a following.....even if it's the same six people posting comments. ;-)

Those fellow bloggers out there might relate to some of my observations since we entered the blogging world. Tell me if you can answer "yes" to any of these questions...

  1. Do any of you feel like sometimes you live life for the blog? Example: Hey lets go bowling tonight....that will be fun! Secretly knowing the only reason you want to is because you want to post it on your blog?
  2. Or the camera is now hooked to your hip because of the blog? Perhaps you take pictures of things you wouldn't normally just because it would look cool on your blog? Look! A little bug walking on the sidewalk....hurry take a pic so we can blog about it!!
  3. Or, maybe you type, revise, erase, and type again trying to make something that is normally boring - sound exciting and/or funny? Just to make your readers laugh? Who thought eating Mac 'n' cheese for lunch could be so hilarious when blogged about??!!
  4. Try to make it look like your life is exciting when it is really just regular old boring life? Feeling like you have to compete with everyone else who seems to be leading more exciting lives than yours....after all their posts seem exciting!
  5. Try to find pictures that relate to your post so you can dress it all up nice and pretty?
  6. Spend hours dressing up/designing your blog to be the prettiest out there?

Anyway, sometimes I laugh at how obsessed I've become with this blogging stuff. Everyone needs a hobby right? ;-) I'm actually guilty of all the above so I'm not just teasing everyone BUT me. But no I haven't yet taken pictures of bugs, gone bowling, or eaten mac n cheese for lunch......YET that is! Desperate times call for desperate measures so I'm not claiming to be "above" any of that. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Jared said...

Just thought I would say I'm reading your blog and I'm sure you really could make mac and cheese for lunch and make it sound like you had lunch with Chris Farley. Keep the post coming! Just try and refrain from pictures of bugs. I don't want to waste my time.

Sheri said...

Mua ha. I loved the list. I'm at my parents' house right now, and I read some of the things on your list to my mom. She, in turn, told them to Deleen. (Who she is on the phone with.) See how many hearts you are touching with your wit?

Sheri said...

And I must add that it's true; I wander about my day mentally composing blogs. Especially when I have to do something really gross. I also plot revenge by blog. "Someday, when I'm not trying to get my degree from them, I will blog my true feelings about my alma mater for the world to see!!!!" *evil laughter*

Deleen said...

... yeah, or I'll be driving along and someone will cut me off and I think "I'll show them, I'll write the funniest blog about this." and spend the rest of the drive figuring out how to mock that person in cyberspace.

PS: love your word verification.

Shannon said...

Wow, that is so me!!! You are so funny! Just wait until the kiddos come, then you fell like you could post everyday...I don't but I could!