Thursday, May 3, 2012

8 Months Old

Alas, we are now caught up on this little guy's milestones.  This past Tuesday, Jonas officially turned 8 months old.  Still amazing how quickly it goes by.  Especially so since he's a second child and life just seems to fly by in general.  I do realize (and am grateful for) how much easier it is for me to slow down and enjoy the kids more than I seemed to the first time around.  Less anxiety, less stress, more confident, etc. etc.  All I know is that I love just sitting and watching both of them and observing just how good and sweet and kind and obedient they really are.  I'm a lucky lady to have such good little kids....and they are cute too!


Again, with our 8 month photo shoot we took advantage of a park/picnic just so we'd make sure not to forget or procrastinate it yet again like we did last time.  So, this is technically the DAY he turned 8 months - pretty impressive eh?  Let's not hold out hope it'll happen again. ;-)


This is what happens when sister helps me make him smile.  She's good.

And this is what happens when I'm left to do it on my own.  Still cute though!

Lets not focus on the fact he's in the same outfit that he wore in his 7 month pictures.  I promise, they were taken on different days...and yes, the laundry was washed in between.  ;-)

Jonas just loves to sit and play and is content to do so wherever you plant him.  He rarely ever needs toys either.  He'll always find something to entertain him whether it's grass, or a binky, or just watching his surroundings.  I love that he is so chill and mellow.  I hope it is here to stay...of course with a little bit of rowdy boy mixed in as well.  

No doctor's appointment this time around either but we will have one in a  couple of weeks so we'll find out his exact measurements then.  Lets just say he's still a big boy.  Doesn't have a lot of rolls or chub but he's long and solid.  Neither of my babies have really had the huge rolls but they haven't been featherweights either so who knows where they hide all that chunk.

Jonas has an adorable smile and is very generous with it.  Especially when Addison looks at him.  I love watching them sit and play together or watch a movie together.  They are the best of buddies still.  I hope they stay that way for their whole lives.  Occasionally, Addison will either crowd  him or get too rough with him or take his toy away just for the sake of it but otherwise they get along great.  I would have to say that is the funnest thing about having two kids is seeing the relationship they share with each other.  Especially watching it grow every day.

Jonas has learned a few tricks and still maintains the ones he learned awhile back.  He now knows how to juggle his binky in his chubby fingers until it is planted perfectly in his little juicy mouth.  However, at night time or nap time he still prefers Mom to come give it to him.  He is sleeping very well through the night now with an occasional binky request but doesn't need the bottle anymore.  I'll happily oblige. :D  He has a cute way of putting himself to sleep where he'll just hum to block out any noise and then he's out.  It's quite entertaining when we get the stares at church as they try to figure out where the noise is coming from.  

He is slobbering and drooling and snotty a lot lately which I presume it means teeth are on their way soon but they haven't poked out quite yet.  Other than that he's a pretty happy guy and such an easy baby.  

To be honest, I didn't think I'd be able to come up with a lot of stuff about Jonas for two blog posts in a row but apparently it was easier than I realized.  It's so easy to talk about this little guy and all my observations as I stare at him and admire him day-to-day.  Most days I wonder how I got so lucky to have the kids I have.  (Key word being "most"...we still have our crazy days tossed in there too folks. ;-)

Happy 8 months old Jonas McKay!  




  

2 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Cutie!

Colton Anne said...

Can't believe he is already 8 months old! Time really does fly!! Love you guys!