Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm A Mom

Shocking? Nope.  But apparently I'm also a Mom that is a bit delayed in posting yet again.  That must mean I'm so busy being a wonderfully, talented, sewing, crafting, cuddling and loving on my super sweet children - type of mom that I have NO time to blog right?  Eh, not so much....except for the cuddling part....more days than not.  In all honesty, we've actually just been sooo busy have sooo much fun that I haven't wanted to spend my down-time blogging just yet.  So, now that I'm rested....I'm back.  Enjoy the gazillion blog posts sure to follow.


Wow, I'm verbose.  In getting back to the actual reason for this post, I wanted to blog about my wonderful Mother's Day before I forget it all the fun details.....and it did have lots.  Just not lots of pictures.


The day started like any other....us laying around and relaxing until we find ourselves scrambling for our "early start-time" of 11:00 church.  (Not sure how we'll survive switching to 9:00 church soon).  Anyway, we enjoyed church and Addison particularly enjoyed my rose handed out by the young men as part of Mother's Day.  


The best part was waiting for me at home.  Dinner made by John.  Check it out!

We've been trying to hone our healthy eating skills so he created this masterpiece.  It's a lighter version of Cashew Chicken and was quite tasty.  Especially the "me not making dinner" part.  :D


Then afterwards I was showered with gifts.  And it was creatively done around a theme.  I was quite impressed with the Daddy's skills.  It started with adorable hand made cards.  One from Addison and then one from all three of them.  The group card had a picture of a sailboat on it with the words "We would be adrift without you Mom!"  And then a random top hat drawn on it - which made sense later.  Originally I just thought it was an attempt to black out a drawing mistake.  ;-)


So, out came the paper hat with my favorite gift ..... COUPONS!  The real kind that are hand made and offer nothing but wonderful wonderful service.  Priceless in my opinion and always wanted.  What are they serving me with you ask?
  • Bathroom Cleaning (From Dad) - I H.A.T.E. cleaning bathrooms folks....hate it.
  • Breakfast in Bed (From Dad) - Delish!  Who doesn't like to eat before they even get out of bed?
  • Cuddles (From Addison & Jonas) - Two of the most squeeziest, cuddliest, children I've met.
  • Mommy/Daughter Date (From Addison) - We could always use some one-on-one time and she is so fun to hang out with when we leave all the tantrums (from both of us) behind.
  • Baths & Bedtime (From Dad) - as in he does it all while I nap or watch or relax.
  • Dinner of your Choice (From Dad) - he makes some pretty great meals.
  • Girls Night Out (From Dad) - These are ALWAYS needed.
  • One Wish (From Dad) - Woohoo a wild card!  Hmmmm how will I spend it?
  • Mommy/Son Date (From Jonas) - He's such a handsome and easy going little fella.  Plus his smile just melts me every time.
I haven't quite used any of them yet but I am definitely plotting in my head and selectively choosing which to start with.  Can't wait to cash them in.


Then, I was given a few gifts that had to do with light.  Get it, the sailboat, needs a lighthouse to find shore, kinda like a Mom helps do with her family?  Creative.  Plus, I really enjoyed my fancy candles and candle holder to boot.


After that, we enjoyed a nice visit with Grandma & Grandpa Fields and I even got to talk to my own Mother on the phone.  It was a great day.


I'm so very grateful for the Mothers I have in my life and all they've sacrificed.  Whether it was raising me or raising my husband.  I'm sure it wasn't easy at times but they did a wonderful job.  And now, I'm reaping the blessings and enjoying a husband who appreciates me being a Mother to his children.  I'm very grateful that he's always aware and appreciative of just how much work it can be at times.  It's the greatest job I've ever had and trust me, I've had a LOT of jobs.  And thanks to the two adorable cute kiddos who finally gave me my dream job.  I couldn't have hand picked any better ones.



1 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I'm impressed with John's cashew chicken! That sounds good! Glad you had a great mother's day. You deserve it!