Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Little Things

I'm noticing more and more lately just how enjoyable the little things are.  I tend to occupy my mind with details and future events and what needs to be done or cleaned.  I try not to beat myself up over it too much, but I do want to try and slow down and just enjoy hanging out with my two kiddos.  


So, if anyone needs a recipe for fun here ya go:


Ingredients:
Trampoline
3 year old girl in a cute lil swimming suit
9 month old boy in nothing but a diaper
Folding Lawn Chair
Water Hose
Spray Nozzle


Mix together and here is the end result:



 Yields:  Dozens of giggles and laughter from cute, wet, kids.


In trying to think up an alternative to packing all our gear, suits, sunscreen, and diaper bag up to the community pool, we decided to strip down (the kids of course) and break out the hose.  Addison loves being sprayed while jumping on the trampoline.  And not surprisingly, I love to spray her as well.  Her favorite game is when I do a "little bit of water" so she can come get a drink and then when she's walking away I'll blast it on her little bum.  


Jonas is even easier to please.  All I have to do is sit him in the lawn chair and sprinkle him with water and he's happy.  Especially when he gets to play in the small collection of water in the seat.  He was so enthralled with it all that he refused to look at me for a picture.  


A great time was had by all.  This will definitely be a favorite activity we will return to many more times before the end of the summer.

2 comments:

Josie said...

oh-so-fun. When did you get a trampoline!? Dave has hated being sprayed by water or anything water until now. I tried again this week and he squealed in delight.....I will be making up for lost time. It is a beautiful thing that "mom frustration" can be erased spraying your kiddo with a hose.

What's up with the Walkers! said...

I need that reminder often! But I have the same question, when did you get a trampoline? I guess if your willing to sneak over to the neighbors house you can always come up with fun things for your kids to do:)