Friday, May 11, 2012

In This Corner....

Weighing in at a whopping 21.5 lbs and 29 3/4" is little J. McKay

Yep, there's a reason we call him 'lil beef.  He da big boy!
Today, we headed to the doctor for what I thought was a well child visit for this little guy.  It's a little disconcerting when the nurse asks you what you are there for.  Um, isn't that why I pay you guys the big bucks?  Don't you have a record of some sort?  Yikes.  Anyway, I figured we had already walked in the door and thus would be charged a co-pay so I decided to stay and ask the Dr. a few random questions about Jonas.  They ended up turning it into a 9 month well child visit even though he's technically 8 1/2 months but oh well.  At least we got measurements.  And this little guy....er big guy....is still hovering around the top of the charts in pretty much every category.  They don't measure the head anymore at this age but I can look at it and tell you it's a Hufford Head and is likely at the 99.9 percentile.  His weight is around 75th percentile and his length is in the 90th percentile.  Honestly, I don't remember any instance where he dipped below the 50th percentile since he's been born.  He's a big boy and perfectly proportional in all his big-ness according to the doctor's professional opinion.  Just as I expected.

He's still toothless but drooling and snotting like crazy.  So hopefully any day now.  His head is a bit misshapen but apparently that happens when you prefer sleeping on one side of it like he does.  And the poor guy's bowels have had a bit of a battle adjusting to solid foods but luckily that is improving and will continue to once he decides to get moving more.  Hint.....crawl Jonas crawl!  Of course, once he starts crawling I'll miss the days where I could just sit him down and not have to worry about what he got into.  

He's such a fun kid and so squeezy and so laid back.  I've been told by many just how good he is.  He's just content to sit and hang out and watch his surroundings while we shop.  There are many times he acts TONS better than his 2 year old sister while out in public.  I've even spent the last two days planting flowers and he happily just sits in the grass and watches me.  That makes me one happy mama!!

Oh and his latest trick:

He's a bottle holder boy now!  Anything to keep the food coming right? ;-)

0 comments: