Monday, July 21, 2008

Can You Feel The Love Tonight?

I can!! Well if none of you knew it yet, I have a wonderful, thoughtful husband. I was reminded of this tonight even though I already knew it.

Today was a big day for me and my new profession. I closed on my first house as a real estate agent!! As you may have read in previous posts, I was rather worried and intimidated by this big day. I had never been to a closing, even as a homeowner, and because of this, I shudder when I hear the word.... "CCClllloooosssiiinnggg". I don't know where I developed this fear for them. I remember people saying how difficult they were but for the life of me I can't remember what people said these things or where/when I heard them. Well, much to my relief.....Today was a great success!! And I didn't get strung up by my thumbs or lashed or anything! The whole day was smooth sailing. The walk-through and the closing went off without a hitch. And now the first time homeowner's get to settle into their new house and I get some extra free time back in my life.

Anyway, earlier in the day, in the midst of all the running around, John called and asked if he could take me to dinner that evening to celebrate. I never need much convincing for dinner so I was game. However, he very cleverly managed to surprise me with just that.....a surprise! I was floored when I walked into the restaurant and saw all my wonderful in-laws waiting for me. They were there to help celebrate my big day and I was definitely surprised. I hate being the center of attention but I do love basking in the love that everyone gave me on my success. I have wonderful in-laws and a wonderful husband. I'd schedule a closing everyday if it gives us an excuse to all have dinner together!

1 comments:

Colton Anne said...

Congrats Shannon! I/we are very proud of you and impressed. I knew you would do well in whatever profession you went into as you are pretty good at suceeding in business. Tell John I miss him and think of him often (this is Nick by the way)ha ha. Colton said to tell you congrats also.