Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ha...Ha...Ha...Nay Nay

A delayed post. Last week I got the fortunate opportunity to hang out with some of my nephews and niece on John's side. They are rather adorable and hilarious. John and I both feel the pressure to give birth to cute children - since both sides of the family are surrounded by them. Hopefully we won't dissapoint....someday.

Anyway, after being bored out of my mind, I tagged along with my sis-in-law Sarah and helped her take the kiddos to the local "Bounce House". I've never been before but after arriving, I was tempted to bounce as well. What an interesting idea, a large building with about 6-7 blow-up bounce houses (the kind you see at the fair) and here these people are charging 7 bucks a kid. Why didn't I think of this? It was patrolled by hormonal teenagers that spent all of their time flirting and giggling with each other instead of monitoring the equipment. I'm sure they were only working for minimum wage. Well, after a short hour of children bouncing everywhere you could see, we headed for home. Everyone was either exhausted, injured, flush faced or both. I recommend it as a great way to tire out the kids before beddy-bye.

Then last Friday, I was lucky again (two nights in a row!) and got to babysit my neice, Karah, and nephew Bradley (or Boo). We had lots of fun, made cookies, played with the Wii, played WebKinz on the computer and wrestled. Thanks to their mother, I am now referred to as "Shanaynay" instead of Shannon. The name stuck when John and I first started dating so now the kiddos call me it too. However, with Brady it's even more adorable because due to his latest effort to get all of his words out, he stutters a little and thus I just about laughed when I heard him in the other room calling me..... "Ha Ha Ha...Nay Nay". They truly are adorable kids and I love hanging out with them. Their little brother Bryce is a cutie too. Here are a few pics of our adventures...

Karah enjoying the Bounce House slide. I captured this at the perfect moment.


Cute little Bryce enjoying his dinner.

Cute little Bradley (Boo). I stole this from Sarah's blog since I
wasn't able to catch Boo at the Bounce House

1 comments:

Josie said...

honestly....when I called you shanaynay on facebook I had no idea that this had already become a nickname for you.

this just further proves it's destiny. Long live Shanaynay.